Friday, December 25, 2009

ANGELS UNAWARE


i BeLieVe

we are surrounded by angels and that we are unaware of it most of the time.

They touch our lives in the form of family, friends, neighbors, even strangers.

This Christmas my family received many unexpected blessings and all of our needs were provided for.

The very last gift I opened on Christmas morning was from a lady that I haven't known for very long and had never received a gift from before. It was a beautiful little angel looking up toward the sky with a sash that read in plain writing:

ANGELS WATCHING OVER YOU

It brought tears to my eyes because this is exactly what I was feeling. To me this was more than a gift, but a message to confirm just what it conveyed.

Above is a picture of a snowman nodder that I added angel wings to for a girlfriend's birthday recently. On the tag I wrote "Old friends are like angels, precious and rare".

My hope for the upcoming new year on this Christmas evening is that we can all slow down enough to realize our blessings. There is always something or someone to be thankful for.

5 comments:

Tins and Treasures said...

I love angels too!

Have a Happy Holiday Weekend. ~Natalie

Carol said...

Oh so true Lisa:) I've had angels watching over me all my life, which is why I'm still living on God's green earth. They are there through thick and thin to pull you through. I'm happy for your wonderful Christmas and special gifts.
Carol

debbie said...

DEAR LISA,
I TOO, BELIEVE IN THE ANGELS...THUS MY BLOG, THERE'S AN ANGEL ON MY PORCH. THERE ARE ALOT OF ANGELS IN BLOGLAND WHO SENT MY DAUGHTER MANY CARDS AND GIFTS. SHE CELEBRATED 32 CHRISTMAS'S ON EARTH AND THE LAST UNOFFICIAL CHRISTMAS SHE HAD WERE ALL THOSE THINGS AS SHE GRADUATED TO HEAVEN ON OCTOBER 23, 2009. IT WAS A FRAGILE CHRISTMAS BUT WE MADE IT THROUGH WITH NEW MEMORIES AND MANY TEARS. I MISS HER SO VERY MUCH.IT HURTS REALLY BAD.
YOU ARE VERY, VERY TALENTED. I SAW THE SANTA THAT JODY PURCHASED FROM YOU.
I WILL LOOK AGAIN WHEN I GO BACK BUT I WILL FOLLOW YOUR BLOG. I WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO VISIT ME AND JOIN MY BLOG.
BLESSINGS
ANGEL HUGS
DEBBIE

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

I love your snowangle nodder! What a perfect gift. We are truly blessed beyond measure!
Richest Blessings,
Kim

Helen said...

Absolutely love this site and love your message on angles... :)