Sunday, January 3, 2010

HEART-IN-HAND


HeArt ~ iN ~ HanD
The symbol of a heart in an open palm is called "Heart~in~Hand" and is a pictorial reminder of things that come from the heart and are produced by the hands, such as good works in the interest of others. The symbol originated with the Shakers, who promoted a simple life of hard work and spirituality. The symbol also implies a loving welcome. (wikipedia.org)
I created the Heart~in~Hand symbol pictured above for my etsy shop along with some little red and black hearts, which were stitched from vintage fabric, with the upcoming Valentines holiday in mind, and will be listing them soon. It's always awkward for me to work on creations for an upcoming holiday during a different season, but I guess the Heart~in~Hand symbol is something we should be thinking about year 'round!

4 comments:

Tins and Treasures said...

I love this!

Happy New Year ~Natalie

Baggaraggs: said...

Quite lovely, I would agree that its fabo any time of the year. Thanks for the remarks and encouragement on my blog, I appreciate your support. Hugs, Robin

Jenny said...

This is totally beautiful. And so is your blog!

Prim2Pink said...

It is hard to keep ahead of all the Holidays. Isn't it?

Thanks for the info on how to get rid of the borders on my blog!!!
It worked!
Who would've thunk to look it up on 'blogger help'!! LOL
Judy