Tuesday, November 9, 2010

COUNTRY OR PRIMITIVE?

I'M CONFUSED!

I remember the days before I discovered primitive.
All I knew was "country".


Anything quilted or "politely" tea stained.
Cute stuff.
No raw edges.
Lace.

Lately I've been seeing a lot more of this country style.  It's okay...but I thirst for primitive.
I, myself, have not been able to fully acquire the ability to create in the "primitive" style that I love so much.  My creations are more timid than I would prefer.  My fear is that before I can acheive the full-on primitive style in my creations, I'll fall back into the cutesy-lacey-powder blue & mauve country trend. 

I love primitive.

I salute any woman who has ever tied a stuffed muslin body to her bumper and dragged it down the road to acheive a timeworn look!
And here is to the women who have spent precious time adjusting staining recipes because they were not quite dark enough!
Kudos to the woman who rips her fabric instead of cutting it!  ARRRRGGGG!
And to the woman with sandpaper in hand, about to rough up a fresh paint job...YOU GO GIRL!

I love primitive.

(Yes...yes...I still love country also!  Not putting it down...simply expressing joy in exploring and discovering primitive and how we all change over the years!  Joy and Peace to all...no matter what your style!).

2 comments:

basketsbyrose said...

Love it! Hope all is well with you and your family! Have a great and wonderful Thanksgiving!

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

Me too!! Isn't it awesome :0)
Kim