Tuesday, November 16, 2010

IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR!


I'm gobbling up all of the wonderful blog posts by all of the wonderful primtive crafters out there!
Seeing a bounty of santas, snowmen, trees...I LOVE IT!


And the craft shows...Oh How I Love the Craft Show Pics!!


Most of us probably noticed a while back during the advent of ebay and etsy local craft shows diminishing.  Primitives are hard to find in my neck of the woods {"the Tip-of-the-Mitt"} anyway.
But it seems lately there has been a resurrected enthusiasm for the craft show.
("Crikey Mate!  It's the elusive Craft Show! )


I don't know what it is about craft shows that I love so much...maybe it is the creative spirit...the gathering of creative spirits in one place.  The way the artists and crafters display their wares.  The smell of candles and pine and cedar at Christmas craft shows.  It's all so inspiring to me. 

During my Dad's illness I had lost that inspiration.  It was a chore to sit down at the sewing machine or sketch out a pattern.  Since his passing in early October I've started to sew a little again.  The picture of the little santa ornie and candle matt above are my first creations.  The picture was taken with my phone, so it's not the best.  I'm not selling on etsy for the time being, but it's nice to feel inspired again.  Thanks to all my fellow crafters and artists out there who take the time to share the pictures of their craft booths and creations.  We may not know each other or ever meet across the miles, but you have touched my heart and and given me back a little inspiration!




3 comments:

Jody said...

So sorry to hear of your Dad's passing...my prayers and hearfelt sympathy going out to you.
Of course you know I LOVE your creations, and it is wonderful to see you sewing again! Be well my friend!

basketsbyrose said...

So sorry to hear of your dad's passing! Take time to miss him, but then get busy, and each day will get better!

Maria said...

I'm so sorry about your father. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I hope that some day soon we'll have ya back at the Farmhouse. Hang in there and take care.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Maria from Primitive Season :)