Tuesday, March 29, 2011

BOWL OF BUNNIES


My version of Rabbitt Stew:

1 lg bunny head & 1 small bunny head
add handsewn noses, whiskers, mouths and 4 pink bead eyes
3 baby carrots with stalks
1 large egg & 1 small egg

Soak all ingredients in a primitive marinade

Serve in a sanded/painted/sanded/painted/sanded
salad bowl on a bed of raffia

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Took the picture with my cell phone again at night, so it's not the best.
(Gave my camera batteries to my daughter for her flashlight for a school project and havent gotten them back yet!)  This bowl of bunnies will go to a 2nd winner in my giveaway!

Every day I am meeting new primitive bloggers that I probably would never have found if I didn't host a giveaway.  Every day I look forward to blog-hopping and seeing the "works in progress", finished works to be offered on etsy or elsewhere online, or those that were made just for fun! 

Some bloggers post pics of their homes that are decorated in the primitive style, their treasures found at a recent trip to the thrift store or antique shop, tips for blogging, tutorials, swaps, challenges, pictures of their craft booth - sadly there are not many craft show pictures out there, these have always been once of my favorites, along with "studios", or craft rooms.  I have met folks who stitch, women & men who make furniture, folks who turn trash into absolute treasures.  Folks who weave baskets, quilters, those who work with wool, and who specialize in bowl fillers, dolls, graphics...it's all so inspiring and amazing and I am so thankful to be able to leave my small town for a short time every day and meet so many wonderful creative people!




9 comments:

JenW!~ said...

I love your version of rabbit stew. I am having fun creating spring goodies. I enjoy my morning blog visits with all the new friends I am making. visiting others blogs also helps inspire me to create new things. I am glad I found your blog.

TheFairyyellowbugQueen said...

Lisa, you said this so perfectly. This is my exact (well really similar) feelings about visiting blogs. To see what others are up to...what discoveries they are making...what challenges face them...where they work...what makes them excited...what they are thinking about...and yes, Cat Stevens (be still my beating heart). *smiles* Norma

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

I just love your rabbit stew! It's primtastic!! It's always so much fun meeting new people in blogland!
Kim

rachel said...

Your rabbit stew is great! One of my favorite things is blog hopping too...there are so many talented people in the world :). Hope you have a great day!

Five Acre Primitives said...

Fantastic! I LOVE your rabbit stew!! Prim friends are awesome... I love meeting and getting to know my blog friends, seeing their new creations, sharing mine, reading their posts..how did I ever get by without blogland??

~Madalynne~ said...

Love your stew . . . so funny!

I enjoy posts on studios too. It's amazing how much space we devote to our crafts!

That Keith! said...

Lisa,

Your Rabbit Stew brought a huge smile to my face! I'm going to share it with several friends who will appreciate it so much. Thanks so much for your visits to my blog!

I look forward to keeping up with your creations. Even though I don't create Prims, I love the style and your creativity inspires me.

Thank you!

Keith

Firecracker Kid said...

How cute... rabbit stew... the safe kind for the bunnies:)
Yep, we sure do meet all kinds of talented gals out there in blogland. It's a fun place to be:)
Hugs~Carol

Prairie Patch said...

Wow, those are positively cute!! I love your version of rabbit stew.

Cheers,
Tracy