Thursday, April 28, 2011

ORANGES, CINNAMON, CLOTHSPINS & WAX

Finally got to try out drying oranges! (thanks Patti!)  I think I cut some of them too thick, but for my first run, I'm happy.  I didn't have anything to put in a bowl with them, so I grabbed an old candle in a crock, melted it all the way and dipped some clothspins in the wax.  After dipping, I sprinkled some cinnamon on the pins, let them dry, and then dipped them again.  It's so fun to try different things.
I hope you have fun trying something new soon too!

Edit:  I should have mentioned again that I got the directions to dry the oranges from Patti at "Primitive at Heart".  If you would like to try it, here is the link to her post:
http://primitiveatheart.blogspot.com/2011/04/dried-oranges.html
Be sure to check out her other posts that tell how to dry in the oven and also dip in wax!

~*~ Lisa

6 comments:

Angela said...

Love the oranges and clothespins. Not only does it look really pretty I bet it smells yummy. Thanks for sharing.

Tina's Primitive Attic said...

These look yummy! Luv them! Hugs, Tina

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

mmm...I can almost smell the scents of oranges and cinnamon!

~Madalynne~ said...

Who would have thought clothespins would make such pretty pretty bowl fillers?! So clever!

TheCrankyCrow said...

You crafty thing you! That looks AWESOME!! And I imagine they smell just as great! Are drying the oranges hard? Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Primitive at Heart said...

They look awesome. I love the idea of oranges with clothes pins. They really turned out nice.

Prim Blessings,
Patti