Sunday, April 17, 2011

WITCHIEPOO PROGRESS

I was able to make some progress on the witchiepoo doll for my sister that I posted a sketch of a couple days ago.  The pic above shows the pieces traced and ready to sew and the fabrics for her clothing.

Next, Witchiepoo was stuffed and sewn together, but she's way too pale-needs some color!

Ahhh...that's more like it! A nice shade of green, fit for any witchiepoo.

All done with the color, now time to dry.

I would've LOVED to have been able to sit her out in the sun to dry today, but couldn't because......

.....THIS is what we woke up to this morning.  This is the view of our front yard out the back bedroom window where my sewing machine is.  Although a bit depressing, it is nothing compared to what the folks down south are going through with all the tornado action, so instead of complaining, I've been trying to keep them in my thoughts. 

Will post more pics when I can get some clothes on the witch.

Right now I'm headed over to http://www.primitiveatheart.blogspot.com/ to check out more in depth some great tips Patti has posted regarding drying oranges and different things you can do with them.  I've got a big bowl of oranges on my counter nearing the end of their life cycle so her post was great timing!


10 comments:

CRAFTY STITCHERS said...

Can't wait to see witchiepoo. Wish I could send you some of our weather, in the 80's today and sunny.

Calico Rabbit said...

Hi Lisa,
Ok, LOVING Witchiepoo!

How did you ever sew those fingers!?!

You will totally have to do a tutorial on that or something!

Great job! I can't wait to see her done.

Hugs!
Kerri

Patti said...

I cant wait to see Witchiepoo finished. I love the green.
I just wanted to thank you for the mentioning of my blog in your post. That is so sweet of you.

Prim Blessings,
Patti

Raspberry Lane Primitives said...

witchy poo is looking quite fab in all her green glory....my oh my...how did you get her fingers turned and especially stuffed, Lisa?? They are TINY...can't wait to see her all done up!
patti

KittyWampus said...

Ahhh....she is looking perfectly "witchie!" I'm loving her already. Can't wait to see how she develops. Sorry for your snow - we awoke to a similiar scene. And wind! Exactly one week ago our area had 70 degrees and was ravaged by tornadoes; and now it seems Ol' Man Winter is trying to restake his claim here in the cold, cold land of Nod. Ughh. I'm getting very weary. Have a great week Lisa! Hugs & Smiles ~ Robin

cottageprims said...

She's looking great.Can't wait to see her finished.You did a great job on the fingers.See no need to worry.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Beckyjean said...

Witchiepoo is looking wonderful!! Can't wait to see the finished dolly.

Becky

~Madalynne~ said...

OMGoodness! I just love the green you chose!

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

Witchiepoo is looking great and you did a wonderful job on those fingers :0) We've had snow too. Thankfully none of it stuck. Now it's just cold! It's got to warm up soon!!
Kim

Bless Your Heart Country Crafts said...

I love seeing the progress of your witchiepoo! I have to laugh because they called me that when I was little!
Thanks for stopping by my blog...I will add you as a link to mine...I'm still pretty new at this blogging thing!
I realized the link I found for your give away had the wrong date...after I entered I saw the date was April 9th! OOOOOps!!
All my Best to you!

Chrissy
http://blessyourheartcc.blogspot.com