Thursday, April 14, 2011

WITCHIEPOO


I was texting with my sister who lives out west yesterday.  She moved out there a couple of years ago and boy do I miss her!  We share a passion for antiques, history, folklore, country, old houses...and so much more.  On a lot of weekends you could find us....well, no, you couldn't find us because we would be travelling down some back roads miles from home talking up a storm and laughing 'till we cried and hitting every little antique shop or greenhouse we could find.

Years ago I made her a little witchiepoo doll and she mentioned yesterday it was lost in the move and she would like another one.  So last night in between SURVIVOR (I wonder...does Boston Rob have control issues at home? LOL!)  and balloon volleyball with my daughter (a 10 year old can play balloon volleyball for 24 hours straight if you're game) I sketched out the witchiepoo pictured above for my sis.  Just not quite sure what to use for hair?  And I've never sewn fingers like that on a doll before, so I'm sure I'll blow them out turning & stuffing, but that's okay, we'll make it work.  

If you are working on a project today, my wish is that you are receiving JOY from it! And if you are taking a break today and resting, I wish you PEACE! 
Take Care   ~*~ Lisa   

8 comments:

Beckyjean said...

Witchiepoo looks like she'll be fun to make. I hope you show her when she's finished.

Enjoy your day~Becky

Barb said...

Lisa,
She is so cute. Since I don't sew I wonder how she would look painted?
I am so amazed at people that can draw too!!
Make sure we see the finished product!
Barb

Jaja said...

Joy and Peace to you as well.

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Ooh...your sketch is cute - can't wait to see the finished product!

KittyWampus said...

Can't wait to see your witchiepoo stitched up! She's adorable in sketch form....Please share your progress! Hugs & Smiles ~ Robin

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

Hi Lisa,
I don't have a sister but I sure would love to have one like yours :0) Sounds like you two had a great time together. I can't wait to see a picture of your witchiepoo when it's done.
Kim

Raspberry Lane Primitives said...

Your Witchypoo is too cute Lisa!
Love it!
patti

~Madalynne~ said...

What a sweet Sister you are! I love your sketch . . . how about using twine for the hair? Some of the natural types take dye very well.