Friday, May 6, 2011

"OH BOTHER" said Pooh.

Oh bother.  Isn't that what Pooh used to say when he was upset?  Like when he couldn't find his honey jar or something serious like that?  I know usually we post pics of our victories but today I am posting a defeat pic.  I was working on my pinkeep swap creation and blew out the stitches in the old quilt piece I was using and then had to tear the base off my pedastal because the paint job didn't take like I wanted....oh bother.  I'm going down a different road now with the pinkeep - only a week left to get it to my swap partner -  and I think it will be okay.  Because I'm not afraid, Eminem. 

Driving into town this morning, the sky was real dark, but it hasn't started raining yet.  This is the kind of overcast I don't mind...when the sky is so dark that all of the spring colors POP against it and the birds are singing so hard for the rain like they are trying to coax it out of those dark clouds.  Here is a picture of the sky I see out of the back door of my work:

I love the twiggy sillouette of the trees against the dusty teal of the sky.

I wish everyone a wonderful Mother's Day weekend.  If you are not a mom, or if your mom has passed, or if your kids are gone, I hope you can celebrate everything you are as a woman because you are still very very special.

~ Lisa

10 comments:

Angela said...

Good luck with your pinkeep. We all make mistakes.This week I was working on a Santa and knew exactly how to stitch him up and ended sewing up his head completely where I could not get the stuffing inside. Could have completed him in the time it took to pull out stitches. Oh well, we are all human and make mistakes. That's why we all need a "Miss Maggie" in our craft room. That was my last post. Have a great Mother's Day and a wonderful weekend.

lilraggedyangie said...

Lisa ,
Alas you can not achieve victory if at first you do not admit DEFEAT! and Pooh bear Im feeling more like Eeyore"It's a gloomy ol day Pooh" ! Im sure that pinkeep will be FABULOUS when it's done because you are making it! And your stuff is Awesome! Enjoy your day ! hugs
lil raggedy angie

PS Happy Mother's Day weekend to you as well my friend!

Traci said...

Hi Lisa.. Oh man, don't you hate it when a plan DOESN'T come together, LOL. Happens to me all the time!

Happy Mother's Day, hope your weekend is filled with delights!

Cool pics of the sky, great shot..

Blessings, Traci

rachel said...

I bet your pin keep will turn out great! It always is so frustrating to mess something up & have to start again. Happy Mother's Day to you too!

Firecracker Kid said...

Oh Lisa, I'm confident you'll pull it off... I'm sure Pooh is too:)
That's an awesome photo and would look good as a banner.
xoxo
Carol

TheFairyyellowbugQueen said...

Lisa look at those trees!! They are a miracle to behold. I can hear the birds just looking at them. Well when things are going south it reminds us (AFTER THE FACT) that the success however we got there, is sweet. Thank you for your well wishes and thoughts and hope you have a swell weekend too! *smiles* Norma

Prims By The Water said...

Oh bother...that happens to me a lot...I have a drawing and then when I cut the fabric wrong or forgot my seam allowance...LOL but I am confident you will pull it off Lisa. PS. Pooh was my daughter's favorite..we bought her a 3ft pooh when she was three years old, and it was as big as her...she took it everywhere. Happy Mother's Day! Take care, Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

ahhh...poor Lisa....Great big Pooh hugs to you!!! Know the frustration feeling too well... On another note, that picture of the sky is remarkable. I can almost feel and smell the rain in the air. Love your description too of the birds coaxing it on....Me thinks there's a bit of poet in you my friend. Happy Mother's Day to you too! Smiles, Hugs & Pooh Blessings ~ Robin

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Somethings just have a way of trying to defeat us..but when we create we know we can always fix it up just fine... I'm sure your pin Keep will turn out just as perfect as you had hoped just a little differently then you had orginally planned!!

Happy Mother's day to you as well!!

Hugs
Tonya

tamera-country at heart said...

Lisa,
Sometimes in the sewing world things happen for a reason. Been there done that with the fabric. So frustrating. But eventually a new idea comes up and is better than the first.
Happy sewing.
Tamera
Country at heart