Monday, May 30, 2011

PORCH SITTIN' & REFLECTIN'

A Sittin' Spot On My Porch

I haven't logged on for a whole weekend and have found out it's darn near impossible to catch up on all the blogging action if you miss more than a day! LOL!  I was so touched to see everyone post in honor of Memorial Day - so important we remember our military, our Veterans and those who have given their lives in service to our country.  God bless them and their families.

Was able to spend time outside this weekend, hit & miss with the rain.  Everything is so lush and green but the mosquitos are THICK!  My husband was grilling on the porch and I asked him where the people who lost their homes in the tornadoes were at that moment...in shelters?  Never felt so blessed to have a hot dog off the grill on my porch. 

I was chatting with Patti from http://www.primitiveatheart.blogspot.com/ and we decided that we're just gonna drag our sewing machines outside on the porch this summer so we can enjoy the outdoors and sew too! LOL! So here is the table on my porch where I'll be sittin' & sewin' this summer...


I'll close with a reflection...literally!  I was taking pictures of the table above and ended up with a reflection in the window of myself.  This is about as close to a picture as you'll ever see as I'm kind of private, sorta shy, and downright scary lookin'! LOL! Have a great week!



13 comments:

Raspberry Lane Primitives said...

Hey Lisa...I love your sittin' spot and your sewing spot...I too want to bring my machine outside....what do you mean...scary looking?...you look beautiful to me-silly girl!
patti :)

TheCrankyCrow said...

WooHoo!! We get to see the Moonlit Stitcher in all her wonderous glory!! What's this baloney about scarey looking??! You're looking good, Girl!! (And even a smile on that pretty face...) Love your porch...wow - wish I had one (ok - one big enough for a chair and a table!!) One question tho - ain't it gonna be kinda hard to stitch in the moonlight out there??? ;o) Smiles & Big Hugs ~ Robin

tamera-country at heart said...

Lisa,
Nice front porch, just right for sewing outside. I hate to be indoors when the sun is shining. And I think your reflection is a nice touch. Finally glad to see you. I hate having my photo taken, I always seem to have a weird look on my face, maybe it is this new hairdo that I hate. I will try to get someone to take a good one for everyone to see. It'll have to be airbrushed though!
Or it could be all the red and white around my house. The shock is still on my face. Although I did get some blue flowers planted in pots to offset that. Looks much better now.
Have a nice evening.
Tamera
Country at heart

lilraggedyangie said...

Lisa,
You my dear are gorgeous , so STOP IT! I am so with you on the mosquitos , we just discussed this evening at a cookout that they sure were thick and hungry and must love hot sweaty fat chicks and we were all like a smorgasboard! lol Glad to see you back I missed you , hope you had a beautiful weekend and your porch looks so inviting ! TFS sure wish I could sew on mine....o my what would the neighbors in the hood think? lol Sweet dreams my friend! hugs
lil raggedy angie

rachel said...

What a great idea ~ take your sewing machine outside!! Your pic of your reflection is kinda "groovy"! lol Pretty neat! Hope you have a great weekend!

Primitive Echoes said...

Oh I love your table set up. it was a beautiful here today too. Hit and miss with rain the other two days.
Kat

Trace4J said...

Oh my I love the table and sewing outside idea. :)
And your reflection.
Cool.
Hugs Granny Trace
www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

~Madalynne~ said...

It sure is hard to stay inside when the nice weather comes. A sewing machine on the porch is a fun idea. Glad you enjoyed your weekend.

Traci said...

Reflections of Lisa...love that pic! And hey, moving the sewing machine outside sounds like a brilliant idea, I'm in too...

Blessings,
Traci

Angela said...

Lisa,Love the sitting area on your porch. And the large table to sew on.... good luck girl. I don't like outside, hot temps. and bugs. I'll just sit upstairs in my sewing room and take the air. (ha) Hubby and I are so different. He would live outside, heat doesn't bother him. Have a great week.

Prims By The Water said...

Love your porch pictures Lisa! Glad you were able to spend some time outside this weekend before the rain hit. Take care, Janice

Roberta said...

No room on my front steps, but I could sit on the deck! Sounds like an excellent idea! But you're right, it's good to remember all those who are doing without after the tornadoes. I guess FEMA trailers are heading their way if they're not there already. Don't know that I'd be thrilled to live in a trailer after being hit by a tornado, though. ~Roberta

Patti said...

I am so jealous! You have an awesome place to sit with your sewing machine. I have a patio with no roof. So I have to take my table out and bring it back in when I'm done. Plus its been too hot to sit out on my patio and sew. It has been in the high 90s for the past week.I told hubby I needed an umbrella to give me some shade so I can sew longer outside. I'll have to go and look for one at Lowes or Wal Mart.
You are so silly! You are far from scary. You're beautiful.

Prim Blessings,
Patti