Monday, May 23, 2011

WIPS & WINDCHIMES

Was up stitchen by moonlight...actually not stitchen but tracin' & cuttin' some Americana and summer items.  Tried my first batch of salt dough... it's fun! Made some stars (have to grunge them up still) and some little pumpkin heads that are waiting to be painted.  Going to turn the little raggedy into a Miss Liberty and try sewing up some strawberries and watermelons.

Was able to spend some time in the yard this weekend...


Still too early for blooms here, but have the windchimes out on the trees.  They make a magical sound when mixed with the wind blowing through the pines.

And the moss is extra colorful this spring with all the rain...


Counted 60 morals in the yard last night.  Hmmm...moral bowl fillers?


8 comments:

tamera-country at heart said...

Lisa,
I too have been wanting to try some salt dough ornies. Haven't had the time yet. The last two days was sunny and 80 degrees and I spent it outside mowing, pruning and decorating. Still don't have my garden out yet. Too wet. I love your beaded wind chime. I love wind chimes that have a loud sound. I only hung one out so far.
I need to get my hummingbird feeder out today. Saw some birds feeding from my flower basket yesterday.
Can't wait to see your miss liberty doll. Your pin keep you sent me has got me in the sewing mood. Done some sewing this morning. Working on a project for a swap I'm in.
Have a good day.
Tamera
Country at heart

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

It's always exciting to see what everyone is up to.
I love wind chimes ~ you can never have to many.
Prim Blessings
Robin

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

Looks like you've been busy :0) What pretty wind chimes!
Kim

~Madalynne~ said...

Sweet projects Lisa! Those little pumpkins are adorable!

lilraggedyangie said...

Lisa,
so glad to see you are creating again , glad you got your mojo back ! Can't wait to see your lil liberty when you get her done, Im sure she will be fabulous! I love your windchimes! The glass ones are beautiful! Thanks for sharing and enjoy your day! happy stitching!hugs lil raggedy angie

TheCrankyCrow said...

OHHHH!! Those little pumpkin heads are just gonna be the cutest things - I just KNOW it!! I love windchimes too - they drive my DH nuts (nuttier??) though....so every year, I add more. ;o) Have a wonderful week! Smiles & Hugs, Robin

Patti said...

I cant wait to see the finish projects. Your salt dough stars are so cute. I still haven't grunged mine yet. I love the wind chimes.

Prim Blessings,
Patti

Tins and Treasures said...

Good evening, Lisa,
Oh, how I love wind chimes...such a sweet sound.

Have a terrific Tuesday ~Natalie