Monday, June 27, 2011

COFFEE ZOMBIES

Was in WalMart two weeks ago and noticed a fella carrying in a camp coffee pot like the one above to the customer service counter.  This weekend one of my husband's goals was to practice making coffee for camp next weekend.  We are coffee people.  In the morning we don't resemble anything human without coffee.  We are.....COFFEE ZOMBIES.

The pot leaked.  I bet either we got "that guy's" coffee pot he was returning or....say it with me now....They just don't make things like they used to.  Got a new pot...coffee was too weak.  Will be perfected by camp time.  All is good.

The weather this weekend was so beautiful I could hardly stand it.  Gave you the feeling like you wanted to do a million things at once and didn't know where to start.  That's the same feeling I get lately when I try to create.  Don't know where to start.  So I grabbed all of my patterns and went outside and attempted to organize them.  My results are pictured above - LOL!  Good effort anyway.  I was able to determine I won't have time to make enough for the July craft show and will focus on the fall craft show.  Hopefully I'll be able to post some fall creations soon.

The cat has been in heaven laying in the afternoon sun as it streams through the patio doors.  It was a long cold winter!  The little catnip pillow she's laying on was bought at a craft show last summer.  This lady was making sales left and right.  She was selling candles and cat toys and grew her own catnip.  This was one of my favorite shows because I found an awesome primitive booth!! I was so excited!!  The prims weren't flying off the shelf like the $3.50 catnip toys...but they were so perfectly prim. She told me that she didn't blog or etsy but sold on ebay.  I hope she is at the show again this year.

Time to get ready for a new work week.  I hope everyone has a happy week and can find time to create!

~*~ Lisa


9 comments:

Trace4J said...

Morning friend. I LOVE COFFEE and your sweetie pie posing for the picture. Looks like a very loved girl.
Hugs Trace
www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Jon Lee said...

Hi Lisa. That is so funny about the coffe pot. But it's true, "they don't make things the way they used to." I know how you feel about wanting to do so much at once. I feel like that all the time. I love the cat picture. My Jessie Rose likes to lie in the sun.

Angela said...

Good morning Lisa, Love the picture of your kitty laying on the pillow. Too cute. Had my cat for 13 years before he passed away and still miss him. He was like a member of our family.
Mr. P. loves coffee like you guys. I want a cup in the morning and in the winter sometime a cup in the evening and thats about it for me. Good luck making it in a coffee pot. How long has it been since we did that??? When we camped we took our coffee maker and just plugged it in. Mr. P made it in pot on fire when deer hunting.
I am making fall and Christmas items now. That time will be here before I am ready. Take care and have a good week.
Angela

Sabrina @Falling Leaf Woodworkers and Primitives said...

Lisa, looks like you got alot done, that is alot of patterns. I have to keep all my patterns in plastic sleeves in big binders. I have like 6 binders now. It was the only way I could keep then all organized.
your kitty looks pretty cozy
Have a great day
Sabrina

lilraggedyangie said...

Lisa,
Your patterns are far more organized then mine! Mine are just thrown in a giant box , I know shame on me , sure hope you get your groove back soon , but it's hard this time of the year , especially when it is nice out and so many beautiful things outdoors to see and enjoy!I am thrilled the coffee situation is under control wouldnt want zombies wandering the woods terrorizing small kids ! lol Princess LOVES your kitty , says she wants to snuggle it! Such a pretty color! Have a great week! hugs
lil raggedy angie

TheCrankyCrow said...

Too funny about the coffee pot! And, gee, I guess I never thought about "learning" to make camp coffee....Seemed like we always camped with someone and they were on coffee duty! Love your kitty - he looks so content...but I am amazed that that toy (with catnip in it!) has lasted a whole year! My two would have it chewed to pieces long before now! What a cool idea - too bad she doesn't have a blog or etsy! Have a great week!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

~Madalynne~ said...

We too are coffee people and are fortunate enough to have a dunkin donuts nearby. I take mine Extra Large Light & Sweet . . . not quite as good as waking up at camp and enjoying a cup with Mother Nature :)

Tina's Primitive Attic said...

I hear ya about the coffee.. I so have to have my coffee in the morning.. hot or cold out, I need coffee... Organizing is just no fun.. I have mine in binders but they are almost too full to get anymore in there.. I bought a catnip thing at a craft show in the fall and my kitty loved it for a while, now nothing.. Have a wonderful week and 4th.. Hugs. Tina

tattered 'n torn prims said...

too funny!! I never drank coffee until this past year.....now....NO ONE better talk to me until I've had my morning juice!! :O)

Hope it's all perfected in time....I'd hate for you to have to hurt someone!! LOL!!

Enjoy your 4th!!
Stacey