Wednesday, June 1, 2011

GETTING THERE


Halfway done! Four watermelon slices in an old ironstone tea cup (Salvation Army find!).  The crow isn't stuffed yet.  Thinking about putting a skirt on her and a tag "Miss Crow's Watermelon Tea".  Will Figure it out as it goes.  Fun to see something come together, isn't it?  Then again...

Got around to dipping the saltdough star ornies in wax and wasn't impressed.  When my daughter was younger and she would get frustrated with a project I would always tell her "never judge something until you are done with it."  It took a while of playing, but when they were finished I was actually pretty happy with them!


Still working on the Lady Liberty Annie, but at least she's dressed.  She still needs her sash and some hair.  Also put together a mini Americana pillow...have to stuff still.  One of those items you don't know whether to stain or not...{insert crazy craft woman laughter here}...okay...it's getting stained! LOL!

I want to say how much I appreciate all my blogging buddies.  It's soooo great to be able to log on to see what you are up to, what you are creating, what goodies you have found for a bargain, how things are going for you.  Likewise it's so nice to be able to post pics of what I've been doing.  If I didn't have you to show my fabric watermelons sittin' in a cup with a crow, do you know who I could tell about them?  NOBODY!  I love my peeps, but they're just not into this and I love it so much.  Thanks for being out there to connect with.  You really are a blessing!

~*~ Lisa

11 comments:

Raspberry Lane Primitives said...

very cute new primmies Lisa...love them..can't wait to see Miss Liberty and Miss Crow all finished! I agree...love my peeps round' here but they don't get me at all and I too, appreciate and cherish my bloggin buddies!! It's so much fun to see what everyone is working on and up to as you said!
have a great night!
ps Is Miss Libery your own design? I've been wanting to design on of my own too.
patti

~Madalynne~ said...

Awwww . . . Annie is lookin' adorable already. And the watermelon turned out great! I like the way you can have several projects going at one time.

Trace4J said...

I AM SO LOVING THE WATERMELONS and CROW!
Great job Lisa!
Hugs Granny Trace
www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

rachel said...

I LOVE the crow with the watermelon ~ she'll be super cute when you are finished! I've wanted to try the wax w/salt dough but haven't gotten that far ~ any tips? I agree blogging buddies are great ~ other than my few family members I don't have anyone to share in my love of crafty stuff either! :O)
Hope you have a great week!

Angela said...

Golly Lisa, you have been busy. Love the watermelons. I just realized today I don't have anything with watermelons to decorate for summer, nor do I have sunflowers. I have in the past made some and sold them but hardly ever keep something for myself. Searched patterns in craft room this afternoon and have got to sew some up for myself. I did manage to make a few patriotic things to keep, but will need something for summer after July. Love your doll also. Love seeing all your accomplishments. Have a great evening.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Aren't you a sweetie pie, Lisa!!! We love you too - in fact, if you weren't out there to show us those (way cool) watermelons sitting in a cup with (an also cool) crow and had to rely on our "peeps" to show us eye candy, it'd be a sorry world for sure.....Have a wonderful evening! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Hey Lisa, your creations are wonderful. I've been creating and creating and feel like I'm getting no where. Hopefully soon I be able to post some pics.
I always show my DH but I don't think he's really interested.
Have fun creating.
Prim Blessings
Robin

tamera-country at heart said...

Lisa,
I love the new projects you are working on. Can't wait to see them finished. I still haven't gotten around to making salt dough ornies
to dip in wax. But looks like yours turned out good. I know how you feel when you do a project and it doesn't look like you think it should. Very frustrating. Been there, done that!
I either improvise or throw it out.
Glad you shared your crafting time with us.
Tamera
Country at heart

Beckyjean said...

Love the new goodies Lisa. I've been in a funk lately. Yesterday was the first day in a long time I felt like doing anything. It's amazing what you can get done when you set your mind to it.

Have a great day~Becky

Prims By The Water said...

We love you Lisa, and I sure do love your watermelon slices! Also cannot wait to see your liberty doll finished. I started working on patriotic dolls myself and will post them soon...all before my sewing machine died. Take care, Janice.

Patti said...

Your watermelon slices and crow is so adorable. You just gotta love the Salvation Army. You can find some interesting things there. Lady Liberty is going to be awesome. You are so talented!

Prim Blessings,
Patti