Tuesday, June 14, 2011

SUMMER REFUGEE

Just a muslin head I stuck in a little grubby jar from last weekend.  Might end up as a witchiepoo!

Like many of us, I've fallen victim to the yardwork that needs to be done and haven't been able to blog as often as I would like!  The rain this year has given us an incredible growing season and everything is so lush and green.  My mom's lawn takes 2 hours to cut and if I rake, weedwhack and weed, that's 4 hours.  Then there's our yard.  And my daughter is on summer break, so she's raring to go and do.  I'm enjoying being outside and with my daughter, wish I didn't have to work full-time so I could do more of it, although I'm so thankful for my job.  But alas, the sewing and blogging have taken a backseat.  I apologize to my buddies if I'm not commenting as often lately...I will try to catch up when I can.  I know everyone has lots going on with graduations, weddings, camping, etc. too.  Hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far!

Black cat shelf-sitter I made a long time ago.  Found this pic on my phone this week.


7 comments:

Traci said...

Hi Lisa,
Busy, busy you! Hope you can find some time to enjoy your summer and your daughter, life is soo busy these days.

Love the Black Cat you made, he looks like a rascally devil, maybe up to no good, LOL...

Blessings,
Traci

Trace4J said...

Now that is one COOL CAT Lisa!
Can't wait to see what becomes of your muslin head.
Yardwork and more yardwork....
Hugs Granny Trace
www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh Lisa...she looks like a witchie poo to me!! (Although, she looks pretty dang cute just the way she is and just where she is!!) Love your little kitty sitter too! (Arrrggghhh....LOVE anything and everything Halloween...!) No need to apologize re blogger - When I started this, I never realized how consuming it can be. I need to break away myself and get some home things done!!! Check in when you can - and enjoy your summer! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

~Madalynne~ said...

Glad you're enjoying the great outdoors Lisa! Gotta' get out there while we can.

Firecracker Kid said...

Hi Lisa:) Hubby has been mowing grass like crazy, our property and his parents too. I hope you're having cool weather to work in like we have. It's always hard for me to keep up with all the girls in blog land no matter what season it is;)
Thanks for sharing my giveaway hon:)
xoxo~Carol

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Don't feel bad ~ I'm really behind in blog land too.
Just to much stuff to do ~ and I still get no where.
Summer hasn't really arrived here yet, or maybe I missed it. Some or most days it feels like fall.
Enjoy yours!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Primitive Palace said...

Love that Cat. YOur blog is beautiful. I love blog looking!