Tuesday, July 5, 2011

BEAR LOVES BUNNY

I had time to introduce Patti's Boyd's Bear to the little Boyd's Bunny I had.  They really hit it off!  A little while ago I overheard him telling her how much he digs her long ears.  

Speaking of furry critters...we had a special visitor last night:
It's been quite a while since we've seen deer around our place.  This little lady had come twice to munch on acorns & greens.  Actually, she wasn't that little at all - this deer had the longest legs I've ever seen.  The chair in the pic is by our firepit.  The acorns are this side of the cedar bushes.  She was so timid.  As you can see, it's pretty rustic around here.  No manicured lawns to be found.  I just asked my sister to send some pics of her yard as she always does such a great job with her gardening.

Almost midnight - time to hit the hay!  (I think I hear the Bear serenading Miss Bunny...I hope he keeps it down!)

10 comments:

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

I have a fondness toward boyds bears. I have an extensive collection. They make a cute couple!
Cute pic of the momma dear too!
Prim Blessings
Robin

TheCrankyCrow said...

You crack me up Sweet Lisa!! (And I have a secret affection for Boyd's myself...) Love the photo of your yard....looks perfectly perfect in my eyes....Have a wonderful rest of the week! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Trace4J said...

Oh I feel the love!
Very cool deer picture too..
But the bear bunny love oh my!
Trace
www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Traci said...

Good Morning Lisa,

So, how did you sleep? Did Bear and Bunny keep you up all night, LOL...

Love the pic of the deer, looks like home to me...

Blessings,
Traci

~Madalynne~ said...

Amazing picture Lisa! And a beautiful landscape too.

lilraggedyangie said...

Lisa,
I hope that bear didnt get too awful rowdy with that cute bunny last night!lol I think love might just be in the air! Love the deer pic how precious , and I love rustic too , the way nature intended , far more inviting that way! Have a great day ! hugs lil raggedy angie

Angela said...

Lisa, Cute bear and bunny. (lol) Great picture of the deer, but deer are a sore subject in our house as of late. They have eaten Mr. P's garden this year. We have gotten very few beans to put away for winter. He has bought poison and done all eveyone has told him and they have literally eaten vines and all. But in your yard and the setting, she is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Barb said...

Hi Lisa,
What a fabulous photo you took of the deer!
Enjoy your day,
Barb

Prims By The Water said...

Did I hear you mention a BUNNY Lisa?? My fav. We were eating outside at a friends house in Sandusky a few weeks ago, and out comes this deer to eat just like yours did. It was awesome watching.
I love being in the country...except one of my neighbors recently found a rattler in his tool shed. Its the first time I have heard of one in our area of Michigan. Its not there anymore, and hopefully it won't find its way into our yard. Take care, Janice

Patti said...

You're such a hoot! They look so happy together. Am I hearing wedding bells? I love the pic of the deer. Tonight I had 2 fawns and a momma deer in the yard. I wish I would of taken a pic. The fawns still had their spots. They were so adorable!!!!!

Prim Blessings,
Patti