Wednesday, July 27, 2011

FU FU THE BAT

In Chinese the word for Good Luck and Bat sound the same (so I have read...I am not fluent in Chinese, LOL).  This is Fu-Fu, the good luck bat.  He is different...but very special.  His radar is off so he has to wear glasses.  One of his wings is slightly different than the other, so he often flies in circles.  But he is a faithful and dedicated friend and actually highly intelligent.

When my daughter was little, one of her favorite shows was Sagwa, the Chinese Siamese cat.  Sagwa was always getting into trouble and her best friend , Fu-Fu the bat, was always coming to her rescue.  The bat above is one of Lil Raggedy Angie's proto-types.  She had posted it a while back and mentioned the wing stitching was different than what she was going for.  I told her I liked her proto-type bat anyway because it reminded me of the show we watched when my daughter was younger and that brought back some sweet memories for me (you know how you get rolling through life and can't slow down enough for those simple memories to pop through...sometimes you need something like a bat who is different and special).  So what does Angie do?  She fashions a pair of glasses for her proto-type bat to make it Fu-Fu the bat, and takes the time to mail him to me!  My daughter was right there when we received the pkg. and we had fun remembering together.

Thanks Lil Raggedy Angie for your act of kindness! 


So I'm at the point where I needed to separate my WIP's into what needs to be "stuffed", "stitched" shut and "painted".  Notice how the first box on the left...the "stuff" box... is fuller than the last box!  This means I need to get it in gear.  I can't wait to add another box...my favorite part: EMBELLISH!  That's when you really see your creation come to life.  If you need me, I'll be cramming stuffing into muslin...for the next week! LOL!

12 comments:

Patti said...

I think FU FU the bat is just too cute. I like his little glasses. You look like you have everything well organized. Looks great. At the rate your going, you should be getting ready for the fall. ;)

Prim Blessings,
Patti

lilraggedyangie said...

Fu Fu looks happy to be living by the light of the moon...Looks like you are as busy as I should be! At least your organized! My mojo kinda went a lil south after the shop closed but Ive decided to just keep going and if all else fails Ill either send lots of surprise packages out or do lots of giveaways! Happy stuffing my friend ,hugs lil raggedy angie

Prims By The Water said...

Angie is such a sweetie pie and FU FU is adorable. My organizational skills went out the door I'm afraid...3 tables full of things I have started and chairs filled with bins like yours that are almost completed. Take care, Janice

Trace4J said...

Lovin that cool bat with glasses. Stinkin cute!
Hugs Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

TheCrankyCrow said...

Awww...that lil raggedy is so thoughtful and sweet....When I saw the photo of Fu-Fu, I thought he looked familiar - especially his wings...So glad he came to live in the moonlight....Now stuff on! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Tins and Treasures said...

Greetings, Lisa,
Stuffing is not my favorite step either...good luck!

Have a wonderful Wednesday. ~Natalie

Beckyjean said...

Hi Lisa~

Love Fu Fu the bat!!

Have a great night~Becky

~Madalynne~ said...

Fu Fu is just adorable and how sweet of Angie to send him.

I like the way you have your projects organized in bins ~ it probably works better than my system which is to cover every square inch of my dining room table :)

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Love Fu Fu and really love your idea of keeping those body parts organized! Think I had better get some bins this week too!
Enjoy your day.

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

Please send me your birth date and mailing address for the blog board I am creating.
lindanuts@yahoo.com

Angela said...

Love Fu Fu and the story and memories that come right along with him. So sweet of Angie. She is a sweetheart.
Can't wait to see your finished projects. Have fun creating.
Angela

Traci said...

Hi Lisa, Heck, I think I fly in circles most days, LOL... I love Fu Fu Bat, he's cute!

And, if you're like me, I like to sew and do the finishing work but I hate to sit and stuff'em..

Blessings,
Traci