Monday, July 4, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY & HOLY SWAP!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA! GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.!
A HAPPY & SAFE 4TH of JULY TO ALL!

And Now...

Holy Swap, Batman!

Patti from Primitive at Heart and I did a "summer swap" recently.  Have you ever participated in a swap and felt totally outdone? Wow...did Patti ever go above and beyond! Like including the cute little Boyd's bear in the pic above (I have a little Boyd's bunny and I'm going to try and introduce them later!)


Everything was so perfectly prim and smelled so good!
Patti carefully packed this basket lined with doilies to the brim with items like this blackened beeswax tealight holder and "rusty" jar top and mini wreath hanger.  She also included 2 sets of these prim labels printed on stained muslin.




My pictures don't do justice to the wonderful Americana items Patti sent. Here again, everything was wrapped up in little bags tied with gingham.  See the muslin under the Americana goodies?  I was telling Patti we only have one quilt shop in town for fabric.  I actually went in there Friday after work to pick up a yard of muslin to trace patterns at camp and can you believe it?  THEY DIDN'T CARRY MUSLIN! Then I came home opened Patti's swap box - that girl sent 5 yards of muslin!


         So many smell goods! Tarts, dipped tapers & a pantry cake.  Check out the little wooden stars!


The sunflowers in a "rusty" can with a tin star, pip berries and sweet annie is probably one of my favorites.  Patti's work is so detailed and well-done.  Surrounding them are a painted star tin (in my colors...mustard yellow & burghandy!) dried spiced oranges, pantry cake, recipe cards and vintage wooden handled masher.

So there ya have it.  I've been outdone big time!  Thanks Patti, for your generosity and friendship!

While camping this weekend we were able to hit a craft show called the "dancing hippo".  It's been running for almost 40 years at an old stone-built town hall on a backroad about 10 minutes from our campsite.  Lots of baskets, quilts, woven items, hand-blown glass, alpaca wool, but no prims!  The closest thing I could find was a lady selling "softies", and they were awesome as were all of the other wonderful artists and their handmades. 

Blessings to all   ~*~ Lisa

11 comments:

tamera-country at heart said...

Lisa,
Happy 4th to you too! Boy Patti did load you up on some nice goodies.
Don't you just love swap surprises?
Love all of it.
Have a nice day, I'm crafting away today because it's back to work tomorrow. UGH!
Enjoy!
Tamera
Country at heart

Trace4J said...

OH MY!! YOU ARE ONE LUCKY DUCK!!
This Patty is one sweetie pie. Love all your goodies friend!
Hugs Trace
www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

TheCrankyCrow said...

Holy Cats!! I'd say you hit the motherlode of swaps!! Everything is just perfect!! Love it all...want it all!! ;o) And 5 yards of muslin to boot! (I feel your pain in trying to find the simplest things around here too - like muslin and homespuns...yikes...) Wonderful, wonderful, goodies Girl! I KNOW you're going to enjoy those! Have a wonderful holiday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

lilraggedyangie said...

Macaroni for sure Batman...wow BEAUTIFUL , GORGEOUS SWAP! Course I saw what your talented lil self sent her and it was beautiful as well!How could you pick a fave , its all so wonderful! Great Job ,wonderful skilled artisans you both are! Happy 4th my friend! hugs lil raggedy angie

~Madalynne~ said...

Wow! Quality AND Quantity ~ can't beat that!

Raspberry Lane Primitives said...

wow Lisa you made out big time!!
Patti was truly very generous!!
Have a great rest of the day on our Nation's 235th Birthday.
Patti

cottageprims said...

Wonderful goodies! I saw what you sent though and you were pretty equal..smile..Have a wonderful 4th!~Amy

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Happy 4th to you Lisa. Oh my gosh, what a windfall of prim perfection from Patti! I know exactly what you mean when you say you were outdone on the swap, some people just go above and beyond don't they? Enjoy everything you lucky girl! Deb

Firecracker Kid said...

Holy wow! You did get a big swap! Nicely done Patty:)
What? No prims at a craft show? Hmmm.
Hope you had a wonderful 4th of July:)

Hugs~Carol

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Hope you had a wonderful day with family and friends.
Awesome swap goodies! Enjoy!
I see you got a boyds bear and mentioned a bunny ~ do you collect them?
Prim Blessings
Robin

Baggaraggs: said...

Hey Lisa,

Looks like you made out there girl. Good for you!
About my bucket list...LOL My some and my husband and I took a trip some years back to Nova Scotia. I thought for sure we would see a moose but it never happened. I guess I just have a persistant Bullwinkle syndrome.See ya. Hugs, Robin