Saturday, July 30, 2011

STUFFING & STUFF

Woke up this morning to sunlight & shadows.
While sipping coffee on the porch decided to take inventory of my stitchin' progress...


Stitched shut-ready to be painted/embellished.

Need to be stitched

Deflated pumpkins, skinny witchies and flat-head scarecrows...I need to get STUFFING!

Now for the "STUFF" part...
Picked this stash up at the Salvation Army today.  I've always wanted these shutters in my windows...could paint them black & put them in the kitchen (shootin' for a burghandy/black/ochre french farmhouse feel) or paint them colonial blue & put them in the back room (shootin' for a colonial/saltbox/Americana feel) after the A/C unit is packed away LOL!  Or use them for ornie displays at a craft show.  They were $1 each.
Everything else was 50 cents each.  Would like to paint the cutting board black & add some pumpkins...don't know what to do with the blue wooden recipe box? Any suggestions?  The jars will be used for potions.

Picked this piece up for $1 a few weeks ago:
It's a little screen door with a picket fence.  Thought I'd paint it and stack some pumpkins on it, add some cobwebs...try to make it look like a porch decorated for trick-or-treat.  I'm not good at redo's, but have been so inspired by some of you gals out there, thought I'd give it a whirl.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend - keep on creating!

~*~Lisa


10 comments:

Robin Thomas said...

Lisa, those birds with the S shape are so sweet. Makes me miss stitching, stuffin and painting. Some dollies have been trying to born ovet here Methinks...

Patti said...

Wow! you look like you have been busy. Great finds at the S.A. I knew you would go....lol You could paint your blue recipe box with a black base coat,top it off mustard, stencil or free hand a design ,sand and stain it for the perfect aged look.Add candle with ivy and berries. That would look nice.
Your little screen door and picket fence is just too cute. You could try a couple mini bales of hay with some mini pumpkins and mini scarecrow would look so cute sittig on the shelf part.For the front door, you could make a mini Halloween wreath.

Prim Blessings,
Patti

colleens craft shed said...

Lisa,your stitching progress looks like mine...lol. I love all your treasures you found. The ideals you have for the screen door with the picket fence sound good. I Hope your having a good weekend too!
Colleen

rachel said...

I love your new Salvation Army finds! What a steal for those shutters!! I'm sure whatever you decide to use them for ~ they'll look wonderful! Have a great night!

tamera-country at heart said...

Looks like you have a jump start on the fall season. I haven't had much time to craft since my SIL is back in the hospital from having his appendix out. Hope he recovers soon.
Love the goodies you picked up at the salvation army store. Some really good things to do makeovers with.
Happy crafting.
Tamera
Country at heart

~Madalynne~ said...

I love seeing your In Progress pieces ~ it puts a fire under my butt. LOL

Great finds too. I always used shutters for backdrops when I did shows. They're so versatile.

Jennifer @ Stitchin' Thyme said...

Lisa looks like you have been busy, everything is looking great. I love all your new treasures, that shelf with the screen door is awesome!!

Prims By The Water said...

Looks like we both have been stitchin like witches Lisa...LOL I've been making bats, boots and pumpkins myself. Luv all of your goodies. Take care, Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

You're stitchin' progress looks great - can't wait to see the final "ta-da's" - so get stuffin' girl!! Love your finds....my beady little eyes went right to those bottles/jars and I was thinking potions and witchy stuff!! Woo hoo...my kinda fun! I think your little screen door thing will be perfect for a Halloween re-do...Can't wait to see that either! Hopy you have a great week ahead! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Trace4J said...

Oh all your soon to be masterpieces in pieces. Can't wait to see them all together. Love all your goodies you found too. Thats a very good thriftin day!
Have a great day friend!
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com