Wednesday, August 3, 2011

BEWARE & Shades of Blue and Rust

My buddy Patti over at Primitive at Heart has really been inspiring me with her redo and decorating pics.
She made a great shelf and sign among other things which made me dig out my old sign boards.  I have an alphabet stencil but didn't line up the letters right on "BEWARE" in the pic above.  Not sure if you're just supposed to eyeball it?

Painted some cans for Halloween tree bases too.  Last week when I was on vacation I took one look at my fingernails and actually splurged and spent $15 on my first manicure.  The young lady who did my nails was so kind and gracious when I explained to her that was black paint and spray foam and faux rust on my nails.  I said "I'm a crafter".  And she understood!  LOL!

While the signs and cans were drying in the hot sun, I packed up my daughter and hit the shores of Lake Huron.  As I sat on the beach and stared out into the beautiful lake I couldn't help but wonder:  How many different shades of blue are there?

Growing up I had shoeboxes full of rocks.  I still love to collect them and so does my daughter so we had fun at this beach.  We found a couple Petoskey Stones and Pudding Stones too.  Hard to believe in a few short months they will all be covered in feet of ice and snow.

Yep, those are my feet. (Like my fake Crocs? Bought them at a flea market in Memphis three years ago...best $5 I ever spent! LOL!)  Can you read the words on my cup of lemonade? "Relax".

Happy mid-week to all. 
~*~Lisa


7 comments:

~Madalynne~ said...

That water is just gorgeous ~ we hit the beach yesterday in Lake George. Like the lemonade cup says: sure feels good to relax :)

Love them purple Crocs!

Angela said...

Love your sign, and can't wait to see the Halloween trees, that sounds cute. Love the picture of the water, sand and the rocks. Looks like you were enjoying yourself relaxing. You are blessed to live close to such a beautiful place. Relaxing sounds good to me today. So hot out, closed all the blinds , and it is cool and cozy inside. Maybe I will pretend its dead of winter and cold outside. Sounds good to me, yep might just relax with a good prim magazine. You have a good one my friend.
Angela

Prims By The Water said...

Bob and I are headed up to the shores of Lake Huron this weekend to visit my mom and take on a civil war encampment at the museum in town...We need to RELAX and enjoy the many blue hues of this mighty lake too! Cannot wait to see your Halloween trees. Take care, Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

Love that last picture, Lisa...what a stitch you are!! Sounds like a fun day....haven't been near a large body of water for so long, I've forgotten all those shades of blue...and the sound....and the smell...Can't wait to see your Halloween trees - sounds like fun!! Happy Wednesday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Patti said...

Everything looks great! I love how you painted your cans....lol I could stare at that picture of all of those shades of blues all day and get lost in it. So relaxing and very beautiful. Thanks for sharing

Prim Blessings,
Patti

Trace4J said...

Oh friend..Sure wish I was there with you..Looks heavenly. I love the beach. Have fun collecting rocks and making memories with your daughter.
Hugs Trace
www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Farmhouse prims said...

Love your sign, blue is my favorite color. So glad you went to the beach, I love your feet picture. Relaxing, have a great day!
Hugs, Lecia