Monday, September 5, 2011

DID I FIND MY PRIMITIVES?

A friend called out of the blue Sunday and asked if I would be interested in going to a craft show a little over an hour away.  I was in her driveway within 20 minutes. LOL!
The show was being held at a place called "Castle Farms".   When I was in high school, Castle Farms was in ruins...a huge old decrepid stone farmhouse in a cow pasture.  But at that time I thought that it was the best place to be in the world because in that cow pasture was a giant stage that hosted a lot of really cool bands.  I remember going to see Cheap Trick, REO Speedwagon, .38 Special, The Scorpians, Quiet Riot, and Bryan Adams.  (I probably gave away my age there...no, I didn't wear leg warmers, yes I had big hair). LOL!

Anyway, the Castle is now renovated into a beautiful venue for weddings and conventions.


There must have been over 100 venders at the craft show.  My mission, of course, was to seek out at least ONE primitive booth.  About halfway through I found it!  It seemed as if I was having an out-of-body experience as I floated over to the booth...okay, I'm being dramatic, but I really didn't expect to find primitives.  Once I landed on my feet I asked the owner "Did I find my primitives?"  She got a big smile on her face and clapped her hands as if in victory and said "Yes you did! YAY!"  She had to most beautiful prim dolls but they were out of my price range at $58, although worth every penny.  I settled for a little blue ball jar with buttons inside...a steal at $4, and a prim kitty:


Speaking of good deals, I recently purchased some lil stockings from Lil Raggedy Angie on her Raggedy Goodes page.  They are so stinkin' cute!  All of Angie's creations are so reasonably priced, too.


It's taken me far to long to post this...our internet speed has been a problem lately.  Before starting this post I was trying to catch up on some blog reading and some wouldn't load at all, while others would load but not let me comment.  It's enough to drive a craft woman insane. 

Have a good week!

~*~Lisa

12 comments:

alltheseboys said...

I'm thinking that "back in the day" had we been neigbors...I'd have been at the barn too! Love your goodies.

CRAFTY STITCHERS said...

I wishing for some good craft shows around here. Everywhere else seems to have them, except FLorida. I have some of the those stockings from Angie too, still deciding how I am going to use them. they are cute!

BumbleBeeLane said...

The stone farmhouse would of been awesome(yep I'm from the 80's too)..smile.. Glad you found some prims.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Angela said...

Lisa, Glad you had a good day at the craft fair. That is the way it is here when we go to one I just beg for one, yep just one good prim booth. Most of the time I never see a primitive booth. Love your cat and old jar with buttons. Do we ever have enough buttons?
Your stockings from Angie are too cute. She is a sweetheart. I need her determination. Hope you have a great week.

Hugs,
Angela

Trace4J said...

I wore leg warmers and had big hair. lol. My hubs and I used to love the scorpians. Oh the days.
Sounds like you had a very good day!
Hugs Trace
www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

The Frenzied Fox said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Fun and cute finds too! :) Just so you know I'm having a chicken painting giveaway on my page if that is in your ball park so I thought I'd let you know! Blessings!

Sabrina @Falling Leaf Woodworkers and Primitives said...

That place looks absolutely beautiful. What a wonderful place to have a craft fair. So glad you found a prim crafter. and I guess I might as well admit that I too had big hair...and rocked out to those great hair bands...Loved the 80's....
Have a great week
Sabrina

~Madalynne~ said...

Such a lovely place for a craft fair. The setting makes it such a fun outing. Cute little kitty!

Traci said...

Hi Lisa,

Oh, the big hair days, LOL.. So nice to spend a day with your friend and love the treasures you brought home!

Blessings,
Traci

TheCrankyCrow said...

What's wrong with leg warmers? ;o) Sounds like a fun day - and what a gorgeous place to be!! Your kitty is prim perfect...love him to pieces! And your stockings from Angie are adorable - love the colors! She makes some of the funnest stuff! Happy week ahead! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Patti said...

Wow! That place is breathtaking! I just love your kitty and jar of old buttons. You can never go wrong with a jar of buttons.
Angie does a wonderful job on her creations. The stocking are just too cute.

Prim Blessings,
Patti

basketsbyrose said...

What a wonderful palace to have a wedding or craft show. Love the items your purchased. Those little Christmas stockings are so cute!