Saturday, October 22, 2011

Goodies from Wendy

Came home from work on a cold, gray, windy & rainy day to find a cute little box on my porch.
It was from Wendy over at Ravenwood Whimzies!  Wendy had a contest to name their new kitten and I was one of the lucky winners.  Wendy sent a wonderful black cat on a stick with a little "BOO" tag and rusty bells around his neck - I just love him!  She also sent a bag of acorns tied with orange & black plaid material, two huge, yummy smelling wax corn molds and milk chocolate!
The card from Wendy is folkart by Michigan artist Sandra Somers, which I thought was cool since I'm a Michigan girl.  It looks good next to the old bottle & star from Patti/Primitive at Heart.
Thanks Wendy!  I hope you are enjoying your "Smidgen".

Here are a few things I'm working on.  Lots of muslin, warm n natural, ticking and homespun.  These will be santas, make-do's, stockings, gingers and snowfolk.  Believe it or not.  I've got a long way to go! But first I have to clean house, feed the people and do some yardwork at my mom's.  I've got so many crafty ideas and projects floating around in my head that I want to try...it's driving me bonkers.

Thanks for visiting - I hope you are having a good weekend!

~*~Lisa

9 comments:

tamera-country at heart said...

What a nice goody box you got. Love the black cat and the corn molds are so neat. Looks like you are up to your eyeballs in WIP's. So much to finish, so little time. Can't wait to see what they look like all done.
Have a nice Saturday
Tamera
Country at heart

Jackie said...

What a wonderful parcel of goodies, love the card. Looks like you are going to be busy with all your projects once you get all your jobs done. There are days I'm tempted to ignore the house and cooking but I know it will be waiting for me while I sew. Easier to just get it done!

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Lisa, You lucky gal. It is like Christmas. Wendy has a huge heart!!!!Also on the post with "One Final walk" was breathtaking. The pictures looked like post cards! TFS!
Blessings,
Tricia

TheCrankyCrow said...

Congrats on your win from Wendy and your wonderful goodies - love the little kitty poke - and those wax corn cobs....Fun name you came up with too...Wow - lots of projects...but those long little red stocking legs make me smile the most....Can't wait what you turn these all into! Wishing you a sunshiney weekend! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

TheCrankyCrow said...

PS - Loving seeing the old barn and silo all decked out for spooking season!!! SWEET!! Robin

Patti said...

What a sweet goodie box! Love the crow card.
Wow! It looks like you have been busy. You can send some of your creativity my way :)

Prim Blessings,
Patti

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Thanks again Lisa for helping name our kitty! I am glad you are enjoying your goodies! Smidgen is enjoying life in the big ole house!
Autumn Blessings!

~Madalynne~ said...

Such a sweet box of goodies from Wendy! And it looks like your batch of winter folk are coming along nicely :)

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

Those are some great goodies! I can't wait to see your finished pieces!
Kim