Tuesday, October 4, 2011

MISTY MORNINGS & SANTA BRAIN

The mornings have been so beautiful with the mist sitting low on the fields.
This is a picture of the field down the road from our house yesterday morning.  It used to be a thriving apple orchard with lots of employees.  Now we import apple juice. I just don't get it.

This is a picture I took last week.  A river runs through our town and in the mornings the mist rises up from it so thick you can't even tell that it's there.

I've STILL been trying to catch up on blog reading - so much eye candy out there!  A lot of wonderful creations coming to life - fall decorating - can't you just feel the creative vibe in the air?

Santa from the Past

I've made the switch over to winter now.  The last few nights I've been tracing & cutting santa bodies & clothes.  Hopefully I'll be sewing by the weekend.  I love it so much - I wish I could stay home all day and create!  Something about this time of year that makes you want to bake and cook and decorate.....OH!  Speaking of baking and cooking - I actually did some of that on Sunday.  I don't cook OR bake well, but my buddy Patti at Primitive at Heart and her family are always doing something creative with food.  She has a recipe page now and I tried her Jagerschnitzel Pork and Cinnamon Oatmeal cookies - both turned out wonderful and I felt like Martha for a day - thanks Patti!

Have a wonderful, creative week!


13 comments:

peggy said...

hi Lisa, I love Michigan pictures. My granddaughter is at Lake Superior now, and I'm hoping I might get to visit there.

Love your music, just came on. I'm working on some turkeys and after that some Christmas. I have one show...don't guess I am over-doing it. LOL Santa is cool.

lilraggedyangie said...

Lisa,
Love the mist rising in the mornings so beautiful and peaceful ! I love the Santa hes TOO CUTE, I too hope to make the transition to winter now , but with the move its gonna have to wait a bit :0( Patti does have awesome recipes , glad she was able to make ya feel like Martha even if only for a day ! Happy stitching my friend!hugs lilraggedy angie

Carol said...

Oh, I'm not a baker or a cook. I can do it, just don't prefer to. I think my hubby has spoiled me by cooking.
I agree with you Lisa, why can't we feed ourselves when we certainly have the means.
Yep, time to roll out the santas, elves and reindeer.
Hugs~Carol

~Madalynne~ said...

Pretty photo of the mist in the meadow ~ sad about the orchard. I've started Christmas prep too ~ I caught myself humming Christmas tunes :)

TheCrankyCrow said...

Great photos Lisa - I love mist and fog....(gee, bet THAT surprises you too, huh??) ;o) Truly is sad about the orchard....Darling Santa.....but am loving the new sounds....Scooby Doo was my son's absolute favorite!! Happy Tuesday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Traci said...

Hi Lisa, such pretty morning pictures, just makes me want to stay in my pj's and drink more coffee, LOL... Ahh yes, I believe it is time to start on Christmas.....but I'm still thinking to myself (already). Congrats on the cookies, Martha ;)

Hugs,
Traci

Primitive at Heart said...

Hi Lisa~ I just love the pictures. Looks so peaceful and relaxing. Last years Santa is so cute. I cant wait to see what you make this year. That would be great if we could stay home and craft all day. Im glad everything turned out wonderful for you. Doesn't those cinnamon oatmeal cookies make your house smell so yummy. You are very welcome.

Prim Blessings,
Patti

Primitive at Heart said...

Love your Halloween header. That is just too cute!

Prim Blessing,
Patti

Beckyjean said...

Great photos Lisa!! Can't wait to see what you'll be creating next.

Have a terrific evening~Becky

Jackie said...

We are heading into Summer here with very little enthusiasm on my part. I won't miss the Winter fog here though as it sits on us 24 hours a day for days on end. Haven't got the Christmas spirit yet as it seems to come round quicker every year and I don't think I'm quite over last Christmas.

Angela said...

Good morning Lisa, Love those pictures. So peaceful. Love the Santa. I need to get busy making more ornaments. Sold all the ones I made at the craft show, now I don't have any of the new patterns for my own tree. That's usually the case each year. Have a great day.
Angela

Trace4J said...

Hi Friend
I just love your morning photos.
And I so wish I could sew all the time too.
I love baking this time of year too.
Happy Fall Friend!
Trace
www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Hi Lisa... Just stopping in to say hi..been a long time. I love your Mist pictures I'm sitting here watching the mist disappear off the lake.. So pretty when the sun shines on it and makes it disappear!!

Hope all is well with you and you are having a good time stitching all your Christmas goddies!

I'm behind on blogging too. I think its fun to see everyone coming to life on there Blogs as Fall sets in and the winter months bring on more and more sharing and chatting...

Hugs
Tonya