Wednesday, November 30, 2011

BAN ON HORSE SLAUGHTER QUIETLY LIFTED

I try not to get too worked up over issues.  There's a lot in this big old world to get worked up over.  But I read the following article just now and want to SCREAM and smack someone.
I don't know the history of this issue, but I can tell you that I will never eat horse meat.  Certain animals were not created to be consumed.  And I am not a horse person.  There is so much going on in this world we are not even aware of.  The people need to have a voice.  When asked about how he felt about the Occupy Wallstreet protestors, Newt Gingrich said "Tell them to go get a shower and find a job."  HEEELLLLOOO?  Newt!  Babe!  That's why the people are there!  There are no jobs because fat cats like you are greedy.  The rich get richer, the poor get poorer and the middle class disappears.  
Okay.  That's my rant for 2011.  One a year.  I promise.  LOL!

~Lisa

6 comments:

alltheseboys said...

It is so odd that you would post about this. A week ago I was at a clients and she was watching Storage Wars or something of that nature. They had purchased this huge horse head. It ended up being worth quite a bit of money. And I believe..the history was that restraunts in Russia(not posititve thats where) had to put these on their restraunts if they served horse meat. I remember feeling EXACTLY like you when I heard this. Then this morning...there it was ..ban on selling horse meat! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! Now mind you I eat meat, lol..except for the one time when we sat down to a wonderful steak dinner, and one of my children asked if we were eating Blackie??? It was all I could do to get those big brown cow eyes out of my head, lol!!!

lilraggedyangie said...

Lisa, I too dont pay much mind or voice when it comes to politics , but I received this info on the ban being lifted on FB from a friend and was STUNNED really , what are we a third world country now? sheesh this country is a shambles !Wake up Washington ! Have a great week hugs lilraggedyangie

TheCrankyCrow said...

That is so wrong I don't even want to go there. I wasn't in the best of moods to begin with. Yikes. :o Robin

~The Boyd Homestead Farm~ said...

That is so awful that they have lifted that ban! As a horsse owner, I shudder to think of any horse being on someone's plate :( It's hard enough explaining to my kids that the chicken that that we just roasted was one out of our coop and that the pigs in our pen are soon to be in the freezer...but a horse, well that's just plain wrong! Hope you have a wonderful week anyways Lisa and lots of hugs!
~Trish~

Prims By The Water said...

I know for a fact that even before this ban was lifted that horses were being shipped from the US over to Canada to be slaughtered...unfortunately living near the border, I have seen trailers filled with horses with Ontario, Canada plates. These people come over to our horse auctions and buy up horses just to kill...its so awful. But now this? We all need to write to our Congress and stop this madness. Even on the farm, a horse would never be killed. So sad. Take care, Janice

Jackie said...

In Australia horses are slaughtered for Dog Meat but not for Human Consumption. I know I couldn't eat it if it was available for human consumption. I suppose realistically it is abhorrent only because like dogs and cats, horses are a companion animal.