Sunday, November 27, 2011

FINAL REPORT

Santa Make-Do pattern by Kim of Farmer's Daughter

Well blog buddies, I'm sure you are tired of hearing about the craft show by now, but this will be my final report! LOL!  Thanks for all of the kind, supportive comments, by the way.  You are the best blog buddies ever!  It really lifted my heart to come home and read them.  It was like having a friend sitting next to me.

Yesterday things picked up a bit and there were more shoppers.  There were only about 20 booths total and I could throw a snowball from one end of the hall and hit the other end.  I ended up selling just over half of my wares.  In the end the profit was only enough for another table fee.  But that's okay because I love the atmosphere of a craft show - meeting and talking to the other crafters. 

These raggedy candy canes were popular ... but no one bought them LOL!  Just a few sold.  I had a jar of peppermints sitting out for browsers - you can see them on the right - it was so funny - people would walk right on by and grab one on their way.  I would say "TAKE ANOTHER FOR LATER ON!" and laugh.  I would love telling the little kids that walk by to be sure & take one.

These black kitty's were meant for halloween but I didn't get a chance to finish them so I slapped santa hats on them and they all sold.  My friend who was sitting with me wants 3 and a crafter next to me asked for an orange one.

Not all of the prim dolls sold.  Which I understand because not too many folks do primitive.

Some of the other crafters at the show were selling the crocheted/knitted dishrags & towels.  A family who owned a farm was spinning wool & selling goatsmilk soap.  The next table had handmade Christmas trees made from grapvines and organic jam & teas.  There were yummy fleece blankets with all kinds of designs, baked goods, handpainted signs & Christmas bulbs, up-cycled t-shirts, jewelry and wreaths.

I have to say one of the best moments at the show for me was when a crafter - actually she's an artist - she paints amazing pictures and creates breath-taking jewelry - bought one of my red stockings.  They were really prim - rough edges, mossy sticks, spanish moss, pipberries and cinnamon rubbed.  She said it just touched something in her heart and reminded her of Christmas long ago when she was a child and they wouldn't have alot, but those were the Christmas' memories that were her most cherished.  I thought "She gets it!".  Yep.  That was the best moment!

Blessings on your week friends!

~*~Lisa

8 comments:

Brenda said...

The kitties with the santa hat are adorable! No wonder you sold them all!

Brenda

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

Lisa,
I'm so glad you enjoyed the show. Selling half is pretty good. The other folks with booths are often your best customers at these things.
And to have someone 'get it'-----priceless!
Linda

TheCrankyCrow said...

Sounds like you did pretty well for such a small show - selling over half? My problem would be no matter how much I sold, I'd probably outspend my earnings! I LOVE your kitties!! I noticed them in your prior posts right away - no doubt you sold out - and I bet the Halloween version is just as stinkin' cute. And I love, love, love that Santa doll in the last photo...all kinds of adorable I tell ya. I'm really surprised that there are so many folks who haven't even heard of "primitives" - I came across a blog post a few days ago where someone recently "discovered" prims and posted a few things - and the people who commented saying they'd never seen the likes of it....Kind of amusing.... Well hope you get some relaxing in now that the push is over - and are enjoying your Sunday....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Trace4J said...

What a great get it moment. Probably was the cherry on the day!
Pretty great. Love the candy canes and gingers!
Hugs Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

lilraggedyangie said...

Half isnt bad , but the atmosphere and the memories priceless! I woulda bought it all up but I wasnt there :0( Because your work is amazing ! I got a lil package from up north THANK YOU I love it all and Princess hasnt put her new lil friend down yet! I hope someday Im half as talented as you ! Have a great week sweetie ! hugs lilraggedyangie

Lois--Huckleberry Lady said...

Glad you had a better day. Now you can relax till next year. Love those santa kitties too!!!
Lois

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

I love your kitty with the santa hat!
Not everywhere in the country is into prim, I was surprised to see the lady set up at the festival I went to, a couple weeks ago. They just don't get it!

Bear Hugs & Blessings~Karen

Carmen and the Primcats said...

You know I covet that cat head. lol!

Carmen and the Primcats