Monday, November 21, 2011

MOONLIT MADNESS

My camera is broke - another cell phone pic!  Just a sampling of snowfolk waiting for their fnishing touches.  At last I can finally put to use the shutter doors I found at the Re-Store for $10!  A little nervous about securing them...seconds before I snapped this it fell forward and almost crushed the cat.  It was so strange...she didn't even move.  She's such a trusting, loving kitty...somehow she knew I would dive across the room and throw my body in front of her.

The craft show is coming up in 3 days and I'm feeling the pinch.  Been up 1/2 the night creating for many nights in a row.  Last night it hit me:  the madness of it all.  Why am I doing this?  I can't even tell how things are turning out at this point.  Will anyone even be interested in any of it?  With this economy...will anyone even be shopping?  But I read a quote today that I really like:

"There is nothing wrong or unnatural with feeling weary, but there is everything wrong with abandoning ship in the midst of the fight."

ARRRRRGH!  I'm not walking the plank...The santas will get their beards!  The snowmen will get their noses!  LOL!

There is so much that I won't be able to finish for the show.  Maybe I take on too much and should stick to just a few patterns.  I dunno.

Spent the day in the emergency room with my mom Saturday.  Man, I hate that place.  She has ongoing issues, but will be okay hopefully.  What a crazy place!  Spent the better part of Sunday picking up the rest of the leaves in her yard...a fine snow started to fall as I was riding the bagging mower...the time is flying by so fast the seasons are overlapping each other instead of gently transitioning.

The requests for food, clothing and assistance with rent and heat at work are at an all-time high.  Times are bad.  My wish for this week is that everyone has enough to eat and a roof over their head - at least on Thanksgiving.   I am so thankful for my blog friends - God bless you and your families!


~*~Lisa


9 comments:

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Morning Lisa...I can feel ya girlfriend.. The weariness is in the air of your words... I love the Quote...Might [print that one up and hang it above my work station and my computer...A reminder to let things flow naturally..

Your Goodies look great..
A little hint for your shutter display to help keep it stable. Velcro plywood to the bottom of the shutters.
Cut a piece of 1/2 Plywood in the shape rectangle to fit on bottom at width you want it to stand open. Staple several strips of Velcro around the edge of plywood.
Staple Velcro to the back of the shutter. Velcro the plywood to the shutters. The weight will help hold shutter in place so it doesn't tip. This way if you want to hang the shutter you can just skip the plywood stand. You can use U shaped curtian hooks to hang your Creations which are easy to stick in the back of item and hang the U part over leaver of the shutters..That way ya don't have to tug to get them off..Worked Great for me when I did shows..

Hope your Mom is doing better..

Have a Great Day!

Hugs
Tonya

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh Missy Lisa....I hope your SnowFolk don't sell and you come back and tell us that you're willing to sell them to your blog buddies. :o No? Not nice? Ok....I wish you well with the show - everybody is going LOVE them (but can I still hope for a few extras that might be available for sale here???) Sorry to hear about your mom - yeah, I know what you mean about the ER trips. So not where I want to be. Good luck with your "finishing touches" - and wishing you a wonderful holiday week....Smiles & Thanksgiving Hugs ~ Robin

Patti said...

Wow Lisa! Everything is looking great! I just love those shutters and what a great deal. I agree with Tonya. I need to print that quote and live by it.
I hope your mom is doing better. I remember on our last chat you were worried about her. I also hate ER.
I wish I lived closer so I could of helped you with the crafting and yard work.
I know you have been working extra long days and working hard on your show. Please dont forget to take good care of yourself.

Hugs and Blessings,
Patti

Farmhouse prims said...

Love all of your goodies, you sure have been working hard. And always so nice to find a wonderful a prim treasure, love the shutter door. Hugs, Lecia

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Wonderful creations!!!
I know how you feel ~ there isn't enough time in a day to get everything done. Things come up in life that just set you back even more. I've decided what I get done for my booth I get done, I don't want to wear myself down. I think I might have to walk the plank!!!
I understand how you feel about hospitals, I'm tired of being there ~ they are just so sad.
Hope your Mom is feeling better.
Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Prim Blessings
Robin

tamera-country at heart said...

Love the idea of using shutters for a display. Looks like you have been busy sewing up so many nice goodies for the show. I love all of it.
Good luck with your show.
Tamera
Country at heart

Jody said...

Hi Lisa! Just had to tell ya I love all your Christmas creations! They are all just adorable! Wishing you and your famiy a wonderful Thanksgiving!

annie said...

You do such fabulous work, I love what you created! Happy Thanksgiving!

Lois--Huckleberry Lady said...

Hi Lisa,
I hear you about trying to get alot of products done for a show. I do that too!!!! Sorry to hear about your show, hope tomorrow is better. I did one last weekend in PA and wasn't too good, but we had 2 local football teams in playoffs and then a cheerleading competition, plus other things going on!!!!! I was hoping I wasn't going to have to store it all away, but I am!!!!!

Hope your mother is better. I hate hospitals too!!!! And where ours is located, parking is such a hassel!!!

Good luck,
Lois