Saturday, January 14, 2012

FIRST CREATION


My first creation with the new machine - a little wall-hanging.  Want to stitch some vines and leaves on yet where the stitches didn't quite meet up.  It's not a good pic - took it with the phone at night.  The memory card on my camera is full and I have to save the pics to my computer, which I am putting off because there are a few hundred to go through.  I am bad when it comes to pictures!  I have thousands to go through on storage devices to categorize and print out.  I don't know why I have such a hard time doing that.  I think because a lot of times pictures make me so sad.  I'm nostalgic to a fault and when I see pics of loved ones who have passed or of my daughter when she was a baby I get all sad and weepy and snotty and snorty.

Have some bunny patterns on the sewing table with muslin waiting to be traced.  Floppy ear bunnies - like the one in my header (that's "Rosie", she lives in Puerto Rico now!) were my first crafts that I sewed besides playing with quilts.  Love the bunnies!  There is a pattern that I have been searching high and low for that I thought I purchased last spring and I cannot find it anywhere.  Do you ever misplace things and go crazy trying to find them?  Oh man, it's enough to make you loony!

We finally got our winter snow. It's sticking to the pine trees and is real pretty.  I hope you have a good weekend and look forward to visiting...if I see a light on I might just hop up on the porch real quick to say hi or lean over the fence to ask what you've been up to!

~*~Lisa


12 comments:

Brenda said...

Lisa, your first creation with the new machine is wonderful! I'm always losing things, never do end up finding them either. I think my cat does something with them, lol!

Have a great weekend!
Brenda

earlene said...

That is so cute and I like the colors.
I misplace thing too many times and find them when I am not looking for them.
We have snow now too...about 4 inches and now it is suppose to turn to rain this week.
Enjoy your sewing!
Earlene

peggy said...

hi Lisa, I think January is for learning new things and cleaning out the old, like pictures and bookmarks LOL I have about 3000 left to go through. I know you will enjoy that new machine. Good job on the cute work.

tamera-country at heart said...

Lisa, your wall hanging turned out great. Looks like you got the hang of the sewing machine. We have had snow here since two days ago with real cold temps. And yes, I do know what it is like to be looking for a pattern or something that I know I have and can't find it. I am for the most part quite organized but every once in awhile I think about an item and wonder where it is. I did find some more of my craft items in the attic when I pulled out my Christmas decor. A box full that I forgot about having.
Hope you find your pattern. Easter is around the corner.
Tamera
Country at heart

Jean @ Prim Crafts said...

Thank you for stopping by Lisa. Your first stitching is so cute! I have a fancy machine I bought 8 yrs ago and I have only ever used the straight stitch to sew with. I've wanted to try a quilt project but just never seems to happen.
I'm the same way with old photos of family and good grief I thought I was the only one that absolutely goes crazy looking for things.
Have a warm and blessed weekend,
Jean

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Morning Lisa.. Your new creations is really cute..Looks like you are gona have fun witht he new machine..

Talking about pictures on all those storage divices & wanting to print them out..
Have you ever checked out Shutterfly? You can make picture books and they are awesome. It seems expensive but if you figure the ink cost to print out all of your pictures its really very cost affective plus you can make books according to years such as your daughters growing years.
I've made several books and I love them all. One I made was of all my sold creations. I made it for me as a guide, so I didn't repeat myself but it has turned out to be a great promotion tool showing it to people who go wow can you create me something like that.
Here's the cool thing they offer all kinds of sales w/30 to 50% off. My Creations book cost me $39 for close to 800 pictures in it..that's a deal. No albums needed, no photo paper needed, no ink used..

Have a great weekend!

Hugs
Tonya

Traci said...

Hey Lisa... That pumpkin hanging turned out so darn cute! I think he's perfect.

I feel the same way about pictures, especially those of the kids. Sometimes I wish I could turn back the clock. And trust me when I say, I a "crazy mad women" when I loose something..even keeps me up at night, LOL...

Hope you find you missing pattern soon! Hugs, Traci

Prims By The Water said...

What a cute pumpkin wallhanging..you are thinking way ahead here...maybe that's what I need to do to catch up...take care, Janice

Jackie said...

That's very cute, is it machine buttonhole applique? lol I have photos stored in the computer everywhere and haven't dealt with them because it is just too overwhelming.
Jackie

Patti said...

That is so adorable! Can't wait to see what you make next.
You can send some that snow my way.

Prim Blessing,
Patti

TheCrankyCrow said...

What d'ya mean? We're supposed to take photos OFF our storage devices?? Really? I thought we were just supposed to keep asking Santa to bring new memory sticks. ;o) Love your new creation! Looks like you got the hang of that new machine....And oh yeah - I can so relate to the insanity caused by missing items. I'm frenzied till I find it.....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Trace4J said...

Great job Lisa!
Oh how I love him. What fun a new machine..
And you have snow..I love and long for snow.
Hugs Friend
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com