Saturday, January 7, 2012

THANKS FRIENDS


Thanks for all of the advice and support re: my question about how to keep the needle on my new machine in the down position to pivot the fabric.  This is a picture of the little diva above.  She really is a beauty.  My sister sure knows how to spoil her people.  I ended up hand-cranking that needle down into the fabric - which I was originally afraid to do since I thought I felt more resistance than normal and didn't want to mess it up.  On the old machine, you take your foot off the pedal at the right spot and the needle stays down...on this machine, you take your foot off the pedal and the needle automatically pops up.  


Here is a picture of the 18 yr old machine.  Never cleaned her, never oiled her, never had a problem with her.  She is an old friend and I am loyal, I will keep her until it's her time to go.

I really enjoyed hearing what others create on - I think it would be inspiring/interesting to see everyone's machines or sewing tables.

Thanks again and have a good weekend!

~*~Lisa


6 comments:

Trace4J said...

WoooHooo what a beautiful new machine! I'm sure she will just as loved as your old one.
Im glad you figured it all out.
I will try to post a picture of my machine this week.
Love your sweet bunny and doll on your header.
Have a great weekend Friend
Hugs,Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Trace4J said...

help where is my comment..lol

Prims By The Water said...

Glad you were able to git er done Lisa! Have a great weekend! Janice

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

So glad you got it all figured out.
Nothing is more frustrating when you can't do what you want to do.
Have a fun and creative weekend!
Prim Blessings
Robin

tamera-country at heart said...

Lisa, Love your new machine. Does it do embroidery stitches? I would love to have one that takes cartridges for automatic embroidery. They are quite pricey though. I remember my first sewing machine, made by Montgomery ward and was all metal and very heavy. My husband purchased it for me one year for Christmas. I have been sewing since high school when I took home economics classes in school. My aunt let me borrow her machine then so I could take the class. My mother had a new machine that she never took out of the box and she gave it away before she died to her step daughter. Before she died she gave all of her things to her and I didn't get anything. But that is a story I will tell you another time.
Happy stitching.
Tamera
Country at heart

annie said...

My singer is probably 25 yr. old. It doesn't have a needle down position. Like some of the other ladies have said, I slow down and release the pedal in the approximate spot. Then I ease the wheel down with my hand if I need too. It took me awhile to get the hang of it, but after I got used to it, it doesn't cause me any problems now. If you have a manual, you could check it. Or maybe find a copy online, or check with a dealer. Blessings!