Sunday, January 29, 2012

WHAT IS IT?


When visiting my 82 year old mother this afternoon, she offered me some things she had cleaned out of the cupboard including the above item.  I am embarrassed to say I had to ask her what it was since I grew up watching her use it probably hundreds of times.  Do you know what it is?  Here is another view:


I love guessing games and mysteries, so I would like to reward the correct guess with a little bunny I made a while back in appreciation for playing along:


I'll try to publish the comments asap - thanks for visiting!

~*~Lisa


8 comments:

earlene said...

It looks like it is used for gutting and scaling fish.
Hope I am right.

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Yup! Game Over! LOL! Living at the tip of Lake Huron & Michigan, with tons of waterways, mom & dad used to fish constantly and bring home BUCKETS. I remember them being up all night cleaning fish. Thanks for playing Earlene, a little bunny will be hopping your way soon! ~*~Lisa

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

I have no idea. I'm gonna guess some kind of peeler. Lol! Can't wait to know what it's actually used for.

sandraallen260@centurytel.net

Jackie Proctor said...

Gee that was quick! I must admit I had absolutely no idea what it was and we were brought up on the coast and were fishing as soon as we could hold a rod. Congrats earlene it is a very cute bunny.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Yikes....boo hoo!!! And I actually could have gotten that one right!! But, dang, Earlene is quick!! Congrats to her on scoring an adorable little bun bun!! Smiles & Sunday Hugs ~ Robin

earlene said...

Lisa I am excited I win your adorable bunny!!! My father and brothers fished...me too...so I knew exactly what it was.
Thank You!
Hugs
Earlene

basketsbyrose said...

I'm to late to play, but thank you for sharing. My dad used to have one like this, he was big into fishing!

Trace4J said...

Congrats Earlene!
I was down with a another bug and missed out on that precious bunny.
Love it Lisa! Great job!
HUGS
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com
.