Saturday, February 25, 2012

BUN BEFORE & AFTER

Poor 'lil ole neked bun in a cloud of Morning Glory.

Same little bunny heavily stained with stitched face and "old friend" stamped on his belly. 

I never now what to expect from staining lately.  This came out more heavy than I'm used to, but in the proper prim surroundings he might fit in.  He's actually going to be joining a few other bun's on a trip next week.  I wanted to take a picture so I could remember him.  He really is a cool little bunny.

Speaking of bunny's...I love them.  Always wanted one.  At the county fair the first place I drag the people is to the 4-H bunny barn.  I don't know all the proper names, but I love them all.  Today while getting hair cuts, one of the lady's said they had 2 of the big bunny's they were looking to give to good homes.  The kind that get as big as cats and bigger.  I pondered: is this fate?  I thought: me want one.  But once I removed my feelings and looked at the facts...we currently have a 3x5 foot guinea pig cage in our living room where a sideboard and table should be, along with a cat bed.  Add a huge rabbit habitat and it's Green Acres.   Guess I'll have to stick with the muslin bun's for now!

~*~Lisa


13 comments:

lilraggedyangie said...

Lisa , Love the bun heavy stain or not hes great !!! Hope you have a great week! hugs lil raggedy angie

TheCrankyCrow said...

Awwww....your "old friend" is ADORABLE!! And he looks a week bit sad to be saying good bye. I have a bunny thing too....But I don't want one in the house, and the thought of keeping one caged up outside would make be sad....so, thankfully, I've been able to resist that temptation so far. But, alas, the one to plunk a few sheep in my yard is getting harder and harder to resist. ;o) Happy new week! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

jennifer768 said...

Lisa love how your bunny turned out.I can't tell ya how much fun that the big bunnies are to have around.Have a great week.Hugs,Jen

Bittersweetfolkart said...

That's a cute lil bunny !

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

Isn't it amazing how differently they turn out when stained? He
looks good heavily done.
Hugs,
Susan

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

love-love-love him!
I am green with envy!

tamera-country at heart said...

Lisa, I love how the bunny turned out. I think you should keep one for yourself.
Tamera
Country at heart

A Primitive Homestead said...

Your bunny is so sweet. I like the heavy stain. I have two live bunnies. Not as big as a cat yet. They live in a cedar bunny hutch. They each have a little vest with a leash & bell attached. Training them to walk. Blessings!
Lara

Patti said...

Your bunny looks so cute. I think it looks good heavily stained.

Prim Blessings,
Patti

Trace4J said...

Just love love love your BUNS Hun..hehe So cute. Great job!
Hugs Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Prims By The Water said...

I thought..oh no she is gonna leave him naked..but is is too dang cute naked!!!!!! We had a bunny named Flopsy. She and our cocker spaniel were best friends..odd combo, I know. Take care Lisa, Janice

CRAFTY STITCHERS said...

Your bunny turned out great, love the prim look. Maybe you will move to a farm one day and you will have lots of room for all the animals you want. Have a great week.

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Lisa, Your "old friend" is adorable!!!
Prim Blessings
Robin