Friday, February 24, 2012

Just a bun I made a while back. One of my favorites.

I'm late in doing this because I was sick last weekend, offspring sick during the week and been trying to catch up, but I'd like to thank a few ladies for passing on some awards: First of all, Michigan basket artist Rose of Baskets by Rose passed on the "Liebster" award a while back which is meant for blogs with under 200 followers.  I get real nervous about awards because I never know how folks feel about them, but in the spirit of the award I would like to mention two blogs that I love (out of so very many!):
Trish of Me 2 U Primitives is a master with muslin and makes the cutest creations-be sure to pay her a visit!
Patti over at Primitive at Heart just started sewing some wonderful prairie dolls - tell her to keep that machine humming! 

Next, a lot of us have been seeing the green "Versatile Blogger" award flying around...thanks to Robin of the Pimitive Hutch and Laura of Cave Creek Primitives for passing it this way.  You are supposed to share 7 things about yourself folks might not know and pass it on.  I am so far behind in catching up on blogs, I've lost track of who has awarded, is award-free, accepted, passed on, as I'm sure a few of you have, so I invite everyone reading this to post 7 things about yourself we may not know!

Well...here's my seven:
1.  Drove a U-Haul pulling a car from Nevada to Michigan straight through in 48 hours.
(after 3 years in Germany and 1 in Vegas, this Michigan girl wanted to go home!)
2.  I've had reoccuring dreams since childhood about tornadoes and plane crashes.
(never make it past take-off)
3. Don't like to ride in elevators.
(and if my sister is with me she will jump up and down and say "oh no! are we gonna fall?" while I yell at her.)
4. I enjoy people who make me laugh and laugh with me.
(this is why I'm still married)
5.  Can't sing but pretend I can on a regular basis.
(except in church, I always lip-sync)
6.  Can't watch sad movies - end up a useless blubbering heap for hours or even days.
7.  Some people on my mother's side of the family are born with an extra rib.

Very simple and boring.  Some gals have listed things short of being NASA rocket scientists.  There are so many interesting, brilliant, awesome, talented, funny, creative, kind folks out there...what if we didn't have the internet -would we ever meet and get to learn about each other?

Still trying to catch up on blogs...been out of commission a week and it feels like I am so far behind!
Hope your weekend is healthy and fun!

~*~Lisa


13 comments:

Patti said...

Glad to hear your feeling better. Congrats on the award. Love the bunny.Its so adorable. Have fun catching up.

Prim Blessings,
Patti

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Lisa, sorry you haven't been feeling well. Love your new bunny, and so much fun learning all about your, I am like you, I am scared to death to fly, I have had dreams about it too. My family wants to fly to Florida sometime, and I told them I would ride a train and meet them or just stay at home. he he
Get well soon. Hugs, Lecia

tamera-country at heart said...

Sorry to hear that you were ill. Hope you are feeling better now. I love your bunny, very cute. It was nice to learn more about you, thanks for sharing.
Tamera
Country at heart

TheCrankyCrow said...

Bummer about being sick - there's a nasty crud floating all over Nod too....I'm hoping and praying it doesn't find me, 'cuz I'm a baby when I'm sick. I thought your facts were fun! (Congrats on the awards by the way!) I've had a recurring dream as well - except I'm drowning in an ocean - and I can see the shoreline each time - and each time it's the same....same buildings, and one house in particular that I see before going under. Spooky! Hope you have a MAAAVELOUS weekend! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

TheCrankyCrow said...

BTW....forgot to tell you - I LOVE your bun bun!! That's too stinking cute! ;o Robin

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

Adorable bunny--love it!
Have never and will never fly. I am not a bird.
Your sister sounds like a real sweetheart, but my hubby is her equal. I think he just looks to find things to startle me!
Have a great weekend!

alltheseboys said...

Giggling at your sister jumping up and down in the elevator. That is so something my sisters and I would do to each other!!! Katie

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Hi Lisa... Iloce your bunny...she is to cute!!

I'm with you on the elevator thing..ugg hate them!

The Internet does certainly give us the chance to meet so many cool people with so much talent..Espeically here in Prim Blog land... I love it..

Hope you are feeling better..I'm behind too but catching up..

Have a Great Weekend!

Blessings
tonya

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

Hi, Lisa:
I'm glad you're feeling better but sorry you have fallen behind. I never seem to 'catch up' on my blog reading list. I like the new bun.
Thanks for the nod to the two blogs. I am not familiar with those ladies and I'm going to their blogs later tonight.
Hugs,
Susan

Jackie Proctor said...

Sorry to hear you and the kids have been ill. Love your Bunny and congrats on the awards. Thanks for telling us a little more about you and being one of the interesting, brilliant, awesome, talented, funny, creative and kind folks that I have met on the internet!

Me 2 U Primitives said...

Thanks for mentioning my blog (it has already got me a couple new followers), and for the nice compliment. You have a very nice blog - keep up the good work.

Trish

Prims By The Water said...

Sorry to hear you were under the weather Lisa. That bunny is just the cutest thing. I am afraid of elevators too. In fact before I went on my interview with my current employer, I drove by the building the day before to see how high it was..that is how much I hate elevators and am also afraid of heights. Take care, Janice

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Lisa, good to hear your feeling much better.
Loved to learn some new things about you ~ Thanks for sharing and joining in the fun!!!
Prim Blessings
Robin