Sunday, February 5, 2012

KEEP ON CREATING

Sometimes I like to encourage folks & friends with the words "Keep On Creating".  That means, don't stop being inspired, don't judge a creation before it's done, you can't "do" art wrong.  That's why I love craft shows and creative blogs so much - even if it's something I'm not into, or am not talented enough to get into, I love to see people create. Love all kinds of tutorials and pictures of craft booths and craft rooms or areas.   I love work-in-progress pics!  

A pile of muslin body parts on a cookie sheet waiting to be stained is such eye candy. 

And to see what people do with their thrift finds to re-purpose them! The imagination....and the way people decorate!  I love it.  I love being inspired by creative minds.  And I don't know why? Maybe it's just reassurance that people are loving life or making the most of it and finding comfort in their craft.

I don't knit.  Tried it when I was a girl and it was a "no-go".  My mom gave her knitting box to my daughter last fall and after reading a few how to books she went to town.  I came home one day from work and she was so excited to give me her latest creation - a pinkeep - pictured above.  I am using it and love it so much.  She inspires me and I am so thankful that she receives joy from creating. 

And so this week amidst our health issues, heartbreaks, stresses and other "life stuff", I encourage you to "Keep On Creating".  Even if it's just a sketch on a napkin or an effort to organize your craft area/room/studio.  May you find joy, comfort, solace in your craft.  So thankful you are out there - you inspire me to "Keep On"!

~*~Lisa


9 comments:

Jessica Penot said...

I'm with you. Life can bring you down but as long as you keep on creating things don't seem so bad.

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Great post Lisa!!!
I love to see everything you mentioned too ~ I think it helps to motivate me. Love your little pinkeep, I love to receive gifts from the heart. I Love to teach my Granddaughter a new craft now and then as well she likes to teach me a new thing or two!!!
Happy Crafting!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Jackie Proctor said...

Nothing like ending the day with something that you have created yourself. And like you I enjoy looking at other peoples creations and being inspired by the amazing and clever people out there. Hope all is Ok with you and yours. x

Trace4J said...

Looking up and creating!! Life is good. You inspire me too.
Hugs Friend
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Barb said...

Hi Lisa,
Very inspirational! Seems like it is all chaos at times.
I will be using your quote "KEEP ON!"
Thank you!
Barb

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Wow.. I loved this Post Lisa.. You know how much I love to encourage people to keep creating and I love seeing what has been created, no matter what it is..I couldn't have made it threw the past few months if I hadn't had my creations to create..The one place I found peace even if it was frustrating that I'm not up to par at least I can still give it my best shot... I to encourage all of you to spend time letting your mind wonder & dream up creations and then create them... You will find peace in those moments no matter what is going on in your life..

I can knit or do any of that stuff and so admire those who can even tho my Grandma spent hours teaching me I never got it...so your not alone there..but that's ok we got our own creations to keep our hearts minds and hands busy!!

Hugs
Tonya

Prims By The Water said...

I'm all thumbs when it comes to knitting..being left handed, I watched my gramma B crochet and learned by just doing each stitch as she did hers..now I can even read patterns. LoL. Keep creating Lisa and stay warm, Janice

peggy said...

I'm re-reading this post this morning. This is what it is really all about, this creating thing. Good job!

TheCrankyCrow said...

That little pincushion your daughter did is wonderful!!! Ok....now I'm visualizing a mother/daughter selling blog. (Pretty soon you're going to get sick enough of hearing it from me and relent...yes??) ;o) I truly enjoyed this post - you are so spot on. I not the best of crafters, but I need it just like I need my chocolate and carbs....It keeps gives me balance and therapy..... Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin