Thursday, February 16, 2012

OLD COFFEE POTS


Most of my little collections have started unintentionally like this one.  They are dusty and dented, but I love them.  Going to clean these up and figure out a way to display them. The little pot in the front with the glass top is from my mom.  Can't you just see folks sitting around the table early in the morning drinking coffee perk'd on the stove in these, talking about how their day is going to unfold?  Now we grab our coffee on the run in styro cups. LOL.  Maybe that's why they touch my heart: a reminder of simpler times.  (that and I love coffee!)

~*~Lisa

8 comments:

tamera-country at heart said...

Lisa, I love your collection of pots. I remember my mom making coffee in a pot like the one your mom had. I loved the smell and sound of coffee perculating in the morning. That is why I love my automatic coffee maker. It wakes me up in the morning to the smell of fresh coffee all ready to go. I love my mornings at the table with a hot cup and my decorating magazine. Thanks for the menory.
Tamera
Country at heart

Jackie Proctor said...

I have a collection of Tea pots that are similar to those, silver with the black handles and lids. Obviously we are tea drinkers especially first thing in the morning.

TheFairyyellowbugQueen said...

I can smell the coffee Lisa! Time for a cuppa I'd say! Love your collection. *smiles* Norma

alltheseboys said...

I love your coffee pots! Katie

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Love your collection of coffee pots!
My Mom had a coffee pot similar to the one you got from your Mom. I remember when I was little it always amazed me how the coffee would all of sudden show up in the glass top. Thanks for the memories.
Prim Blessings
Robin

peggy said...

I pinned a picture of your coffee pots with a comment....if these could talk!!!!!!!! Can't you just imagine.

Prims By The Water said...

My mom and gramma B had silver coffee pots..you have a nice collection started Lisa. Stay warm, Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

What a sweet little collection of pots - I like the doubles (or are they just stacked??) You brought back some memories - some good ones and some not-so-fond ones of washing those puppies!! ;o) Robin