Friday, February 17, 2012

SEPIA GHOSTS

Nawww...that's not a ghostie, it's me!

Don't you just love "sepia tone"? I've always loved the old sepia photos - they make everything look so 'ghostly'.  For myself, though, I love it because it hides the wrinkles, the roots, and all the other nastiness!  LOL!

But when I am a ghost - oh yes, I plan to come back and have fun (hee-hee!) - maybe I'll look like this.  I'll pop out from under the bed and snap a picture of you and then fade away.  I'll especially haunt those who do not like to have their picture taken, therefore it will be extra scary. 

Do you ever notice on the ghost hunter shows (you watch those, right?) that they are always looking for ghosts from the 1800's?  It's because of the sepia photos!  Think about it...do they ever hunt for a ghost with an afro, groovy hip-hugger-bell-bottom pants and a disco chain necklace?  Nope.  Never.  Or what about a valley-girl from the '80's with big hair and neon spandex?  Nope.  Always a ghostie in flowing white gowns or a civil war uniform.  Neither of which are scary.  Now the afro and neon spandex?  That's scary. 

Hope you have a fun weekend! I noticed a couple of really cool tutorials while cruising through my reading list this morning.  Can't wait to check them out!  Keep on Creating!
~*~Lisa


12 comments:

Traci said...

Hey pretty girl! Love your picture and love Ghost Hunters too... I agree..70's 80's and 90's would be much more frightening than 1800's. including pictures of myself from those eras...yep, I was a big hair junky ;) Have a Great Weekend, Lisa..Hugs, Traci

BumbleBeeLane said...

Giggles...Yes you are so right they should look for a totally awesome valley girl! Have a great weekend sweetie!~Amy

tamera-country at heart said...

Lisa, Glad to SEE YOU!
I too love sepia tone pics. Isn't technology great. We can take a color pic and make it sepia or black and white. Lots of fun for scrapbooking. I love that blogs are doing some tutorials. I saw a couple I wouldn't mind trying.
Hope your weekend is a creative one.
Tamera
Country at heart

Barb said...

Lisa,
Your post made me giggle-ghost in bell bottoms and a peace sign necklace! I can almost see it now in Sepia!
Enjoy your weekend!
Barb

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

LOL Lisa. I like sepia too :D Have a great weekend.
Kim

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

I Love the sepia and the black & white pics!

I just gave you an award on my blog, please stop by when you have the chance. I hope you accept it!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Trace4J said...

HEY LISA FRIEND!!
So happy to see a face to your name.
You are so pretty. I loved BIG HAIR!
Ive been growing mine for the past two years in hopes of it coming back.
Shh I kinda liked the 80s. :)
Hugs
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

alltheseboys said...

I LOVE having my picture taken..taint gonna be no Lisa ghost haunting me!!! Cute post!! Do you think..maybe...in 200 years..it will be the afro valley girls that are considered ghosts of choice??? Katie

Jackie Proctor said...

There you are in full Sepia!!!! Maybe people in Sepia photos look more mysterious??

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

I love the picture Lisa..I don't watch TV so no ghost hunters for me..But I do believe in them...

Hope one of those tutorials finds you creating something new and exciting this weekend!!

Hugs
Tonya

Primitive Echoes said...

I love sepia tone pictures as well. It makes almost any picture timeless/dateless. I took some pictures of the kids about 15 years ago but when you look at them they could of been taken much longer ago. I love black and white as well. It doesn't matter if your clothes match lol.
Kat

TheCrankyCrow said...

Dang - you make one fine-looking ghost! ;o) Well, guess you'll be haunting me with camera in hand because I despise having my photo taken!! I've often thought about the "era" things as well - where are all the cavemen ghosties???? Not THAT I'd like to see! (Or, then again, maybe not!) ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin