Monday, March 12, 2012

DOUGH MUCH FUN

Our young friend Michael has been creating art since he could hold a crayon.  Give him a stack of paper and markers or a box of clay and he can sit and create for hours.  The Hulk above is his latest creation.  I love it! I remember watching the original show growing up all the time.  Recently Michael began his own series of comic books.  He's a scout, plays football, baseball, fishes and does all kinds of stuff, but I believe he loves art just as much!  Kids creating - so COOL!  Thanks for letting me share your art Michael!

I've been playing with salt dough myself:

It was nice of the cat to let me take a break from tracing and cutting to make some salt dough ornies.  I even thought she was taking a break too when I saw her relaxing in the first good sunspot of the year.  That is until my daughter showed me this horrific scene:

SLAVE LABOR.

It would appear that the cat enlisted the Guinea's to trace and cut while I was taking a break to have fun with salt dough.  While I encourage creativity, I do not condone this type of behavior.  The poor guinea's were working for kibble after being promised fields of fresh timothy hay.  They have since been returned to their habitat and the cat has been grounded from using the sewing machine (see previous post).  

Hope your week is off to a good start!

~*~ Lisa

   


5 comments:

Trace4J said...

Oh what a cool post. I loved the HULK! What a talented friend is your Michael. Thats one cool skinny pig too. (thats what I called them when a kid)hehe
Hugs Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Wonderful job on the Hulk ~ Michael!!!
Love it when kids create instead of watching t.v. all day!!!

Funny post Lisa!
What ya going to do with all the salt dough creations???

Prim Blessings
Robin

Prims By The Water said...

I can't stop laughing Lisa! I can see it now...the guinea pig will probably get someone else to do it for cheaper...lol..love the creativity of Michael and your salt dough stars. Take care, Janice

Patti said...

That is just way too funny! Well I guess some one had to do it since you were off playing in salt dough....lol Your salt dough creations look awesome.
Michale did a great job on the Hulk. Boy! Does that bring back some memories.

Prim Blessings,
Patti

TheCrankyCrow said...

Well, a cat's gotta do what a cat's gotta do.....Could Kitty, perhaps, need some qualified legal representation? ;o))) Too funny. Love Michael's Hulk....I love it when kids create - somehow, their minds are freer than us grown-ups'. Robin