Saturday, March 24, 2012

AROUND THE HOUSE


Haven't been feeling well so haven't been stitching, but finally got some spring items out.  (forgive the bad pic - took it with the phone) A while back I did a swap with Granny Trace and she sent her wonderful woolie chicks, calico bunnies and a woolie apple pinkeep among other goodies (yes, she spoiled me!).  The little blackened wax cone hanging from the shelf peg has a flickering tea light in it - perfect to have on during a cold gray windy day like today.  It came from Patti over at Primitive at Heart who just opened her selling blog: Jager Hollow Primitives.  She has some great grubby wax items available there.

This hall tree bench is something we just purchased.  Need to find something to get the tape residue off of the mirrors. I've been wanting one for years for the entryway/laundry room.  It will go in after we paint...yuck, I HATE painting!  Right now the room is a dusty teal called "teacup blue".  Have no idea what color to go with.  It's a REAL small room with a white stackable washer/dryer and a dark red door and brownish floor with no windows.  Need to pick a color that makes me want to be in there. LOL!

Finally, I thought I share a pic of our vintage boilers we use to store our pellets/corn in for the stove.  They need a good polishing.  In the summer when we don't burn they will go out in the garage.  They are a welcome sight in the fall.

Hope your weekend is going well.  Working on a couple patterns to share with you - hopefully soon!

~*~Lisa


10 comments:

Traci said...

Hi Lisa... Love your chicks and bunnies from Tracey... Don't ask me on color choice (I always seem to pick one chip that I like, paint the room and decide two days later that I don't like it)..ending in a re-paint job, LOL...

Love your boilers..I have one the is a shoe holder by the door (they'll work for anything ;)

Have a Great day and hope you get to feeling better! Traci

Prims By The Water said...

Hope you are feeling better Lisa. Love that hall tree, and those copper boilers..great idea! Take care, Janice

Barb said...

Hi Lisa,
Hope you are feeling a whole lot better soon. Love that bench and your boilers!
Barb

Patti said...

Hope you're feeling better real soon! Trace really did a good job of spoiling you. Love the tree hall bench. I have always wanted one of those too. Thanks for mentioning my new selling blog. You're the best.

Prim Blessings,
Patti

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Lisa, hope you start feeling better! Love your swap goodies! Your hall tree bench is prim perfect and gotta love your old boilers, hugs, Lecia

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Love your chicks from Trace!!! Love your copper boilers, great way to use them!!! OLM

Trace4J said...

Oh I love that Hall Tree!
Awesome boilers too. I'm going to have to find me one of those cool treasures. SO happy you like the woolie chicks and buns hun. :)
Hope you feel better Friend.
Hugs
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

TheCrankyCrow said...

Dreary and much cooler here as well, Lisa.....Love your sweet woolie goodes from Trace....and your copper boilers....I have one that I use as a planter/greens-holder/you-name-it on our porch and love it..... It had a cover at one point, but someone (NO - NOT me!) had painted some garish design on it. Gee....wonder if I still have it?? (Re tape residue - try some lighter fluid....or Goo Be Gone....I prefer lighter fluid - it's cheaper and more effective....) Hope you get to feeling your sweet ol' self soon...Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

tamera-country at heart said...

Nice goodies from Trace, love your display. Your coat rack is nice too, my daughter has one in a dark wood color. I saw in a magazine where the laundry room walls were painted a sage green with white cabinets and some black accents on the wall.
Green is a soothing color, just a suggestion. I have decorated my laundry room with things I like hung on the walls. Helps me to want to be in there, lol.
Can't wait to see what you decide.
Tamera
Country at heart

peggy said...

love your peeps and bunnies. I need to get something out for Easter. Have a great Sunday Lisa.