Thursday, March 15, 2012

THRIFT FINDS

Had a chance to head out and visit some thrift shops last weekend and a little consignment shop today at lunch.  Found the candlesticks for make-do's at the Salvation Army and the little handstitched wall quilt at the consignment shop-thought about tea-dying it? I'm not a fan of the white in it.

Found the faux fur at the Sal. Army and will use it for Santa suit trim.  The little transferware bowls were at the consignment shop. I didn't buy them for me as I don't collect transferware, but I do admire it!

This is my favorite find: I love black roosters and I found the cast iron roosters for $2 each at the consignment shop.  The colors match the colors in the fabric from the Sal Army that I might make kitchen curtains with.  Have to find something to put inside the little wooden frame.

Well, I had so much fun finally getting out to thrift.  I love seeing all of your thrift finds! It makes me want to get out and hunt.  Hope you all have a great weekend working outside, stitchin or thriftin'!

~*~Lisa


12 comments:

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

Hi, Lisa:
Great stuff you found. I love the candlesticks for make do's and sure, go ahead and tea die the little mat.
Hugs,
Susan

Patti said...

Looks like you had some fun. I love all your finds.I definitely would stain the hand quilted piece. You found some really awesome goodies. Our Salvation Army is getting pretty sad. I cant find anything good anymore.

Happy Crafting,
Patti

Brenda said...

You found some great treasures Lisa!

Brenda

Barb said...

Hi Lisa,
What great finds! Love the roosters they are fabulous!
Enjoy,
Barb

Jackie Proctor said...

Lovely finds especially the roosters. I found an old tea trolley in my first look around over the coast. Can't wait to get out and have a proper look in all the op shod here.

basketsbyrose said...

Love your great finds. If you have fabric left over from your curtains cover a peace of cork and place in your black frame for a message board.

Jean @ Prim Crafts said...

Great thrift finds Lisa!!
Have a great weekend.
Blessings,
Jean

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Awesome a call from the thrift stores that paid off big time...Soothed the heart and soul while finding lots of goodies you can use.. It was a good Day!
TEa Stain would do the Americana Wall hanger good..go for it.

I like the roosters they are way cool and really go well with the fabric. You going to tea stain the FAbric as well.. I think it would look great tea stained..

Have a Great Day!!

Hugs
Tonya

Trace4J said...

Oh I love all your cool finds Lisa!
Especially those awesome Roo's.
Thriftin is so fun.
Hugs Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

tamera-country at heart said...

Looks like you found some nice goodies. I think the fabric would look good as curtains, my favorite colors. I say stain the wall hanging too, it is a little bit white. It feels good to find neat things at a thrift store. My kind of shopping, the possibilities are endless on items we find.
Tamera
Country at heart

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wow....that fabric goes perfectly with those roosters! Great eye my friend!! Love the transferware....Wish I had room for a whole cupboard full, but, alas, no such luck!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin (Yup....doing catch-up again!) :o

Prims By The Water said...

Great finds Lisa. I too think you should tea stain the little quilt. Have a reat week. Take care, Janice