Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A LITTLE MORE STITCHIN'


Got a little more stitchin' done.  Some little dollies and a Doodle Bunny.


I wrapped this dolly in a swatch of material and vintage twine.  Tried to imagine how a little girl might have dressed her dolly with what she had.  Stamped "Old Friend" on a tag and attached that with a rusty pin.  Gave her to my oldest girlfriend for her birthday today.  She's not into primitive so much, but I know she understood the sentiment!  We grew up playing dolls & marbles together - since we were in Kindergarten.  I can still look at a couple of my marbles and tell they were ones I traded with her. LOL - how can I remember that but not everything else.

I hope you are gettin' a little stitchin' in this week too!

~*~Lisa


3 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Love the floral pattern on your newest dollie! I'm sure your friend will appreicate your gift as it comes from the heart. Take care, Janice

Jackie Proctor said...

That is pretty much how a little girl would dress her dolly. Isn't it amazing the random things we remember, especially from childhood and yet where we put something for safe keeping yesterday is just beyond us??? x

TheCrankyCrow said...

I bet your friend loved her. (If she didn't, I know where she could find a loving home!) ;o) Wish I would have kept my marbles. :o Robin