Saturday, June 2, 2012

CHECKING IN


I apologize for the long post-usually try to keep it short, but, gosh it's been a while! Last time I posted the lilacs were in bloom and now they are done.  This lilac is in our backyard and draws many butterflies every year.  I try to take pics of the different butterflies - this is the one I got this year.

I've tried to check in here and there the past few weeks, but was working on a silent auction for the youth groups at church and that took up a lot of time.  While setting up, I dropped an eight foot table on my foot and broke my toes...I actually took a picture to post - of my black toes - but decided it was just to gross to share! LOL! I have spared you the grotesque-ness!


When I last posted, we were on our way downstate to my daughter's regional cheer competition.  Well, they didn't place, but are ready to start practicing for next time and the experience was good for all the girls.  Now she is into soccer season and doing a theater camp all month.  That's another reason why I've not been able to blog hop much.  In fact, I got to feeling kind of disconnected being away from my creative blog buddies.  I commented on this to my buddy Robin over at Baggaraggs and do you know what that girl did?  She sent me a package FULL of magical Baggaraggs snippets for creative inspiration and to share the message, don't feel alone or disconnected! Thanks Robin, you are great!


Then there was the fire.  (Didn't I mention that?)  It was so hot & dry mid May that our woods caught on fire. There were firefighters and DNR running all over the place cutting trees and dumping water.  They did a wonderful job putting it out.  Now it's June and freezing - crazy weather!  Jackie from The Back Shed in "the land down under" is just going into fall/winter.  I remember the beautiful spring pics she posted while we still had snow on the ground.   


Since I posted last, my daughter finished the wine bottle sun catcher I started.  I think it will end up on a bottle tree.  We've got a pink one started and an aqua bottle will follow that.


And I have been sewing for that garden craft show in July.  Still lots to do!  I know Patti at Primitive at Heart has been creating like a mad woman for a space at her local flea market and I've been dying to see what she's been doing!  (No pressure to post pics, Patti! LOL!)  She's a great inspiration for me.  

Thanks to my blog buddies for being such an inspiration and for making me feel "not alone" when I feel disconnected.  I'm still amazed at how the internet allows us to connect over the miles (thru summer and winter...at the same time!) and share our common interests and encouragement.  Hope I can catch up with what you've been doing soon!

~*~Lisa


12 comments:

peggy said...

hi Lisa, you have surely been busy. Me too but the garden is in so here I am catching up. Love your bottle!

Jackie Proctor said...

Nice to see you back! Lots happening where you are good and bad. Hope the toes are ok. x

earlene said...

Hi Lisa!
Missed you!

Pamela@ Our Pioneer Homestead said...

I think it's the season, many bloggers in primland have been too busy to post, including myself, there is so much to do this time of yr!

Farmhouse prims said...

So sorry about your toes, I know that they hurt! I know your daughter is a wonderful cheerleader, tell her not to give up! And her bottle she made is awesome. Can't wait to see what you are going to make next, take care and have a wonderful day! hugs, Lecia

tamera-country at heart said...

I love the butterfly pic. I love spring flowers, but if they would only bloom longer. Sounds like you have been busy too like everyone else this time of year. What a nice box of goodies you received. It is fun to get a surprise box to open. I too feel that I have been so busy that I can't find the extra time to read or comment on blogs. But we are all still here when needed.
Take care
Tamera
Country at heart

Patti said...

Looks like you have been busy also. I think you should share the pics of your black and blue toes. I shared a pic of when I sewed my finger.....lol
I love the bottle. I love it so much that I want to make one.
Looks like the fire caused a nice little clearing. Perfect place for a Gazebo and a beautiful flower garden.
Love the pic of the lilacs and butterfly.

Take Care
Patti

NancyD said...

Oh my goodness, your toes! Ouch!!! Love your bottle, it is such an eye catcher! Glad you're back.

TheFairyyellowbugQueen said...

Oh gosh Lisa, your toes!!! I feel for you. I remember clearly as though it was yesterday, your posts about the snow dump! Now there are faded lilacs and the season marches along hey? Well there's tons going on in your part of the woods, and thanks for sharing with us all. Have a really special day, friend! *smiles* Norma

Prims By The Water said...

OMG Lisa...fire in your backyard. I had heard about the huge fire in the UP. I was about to call out the dogs since you have been MIA. Show us some of your pics for your show when you can. Take care, Janice

Trace4J said...

Oh I missed you too..
Oh your poor toes. And the fire wow! Glad everyone is ok.
Nothing like good blog friends.
Sending you a hug friend.
Trace

Love your daughters sun catcher bottle :) awesome!

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

TheCrankyCrow said...

OUCH!! "Toes" as in plural, more than one? Yikes. And right plum in the middle of flip flop season! Bummer about the fire - glad it was contained effectively, but that would have scared the dickens out of me! Behind in blogging? Really? Heck - I'm so far behind I might begin to believe I'm ahead.... There's just so much going on - outdoors; gardening; dog stuff; kid stuff; mom stuff; and a class starting.....HELP!!! Will check in when I can.....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin