Thursday, June 7, 2012

NO ONE TOLD THE CAT


No one told the cat school is out, it's summer break, and we get to sleep in an extra hour and a half.

Like clockwork she's in my face between 6:00 & 6:30 a.m. purring like a cement truck and putting her paw on my closed eyelid as if to say "open those".  Now, you tell a dog to "git" and he understands and obeys.  You throw the cat off the bed 10 times and she's right back in your face, poking your eyeball with her paw.  Whip the pillow at her, she runs out, shut the door and she sits outside it yowling like she hasn't eaten in weeks and it sounds like a pitiful "OHHH NO.  OHHH NO."   Gonna have to sit her down for a talk and explain I guess.


Since I'm complaining, can I just say if you are going leave 5 pieces of coveted gourmet candy corn from a specialty fudge shop in the bag that was over half full last time I checked, you might as well torture me.  "Oh cool! Five kernals left! THANKS, whoever ate the whole bag! Mighty kind of ya!"  GEEESH.


Okay, I need some fresh air, let's take a peaceful walk in the yard.  Looks like the monk is checking for rain, we could sure use it.


The hummers keep flying up to my dollar store whirly-gig.  My husband keeps asking me to take it down because he feels guilty about disappointing the birds, but I like the colors against the brown, primitive stuff.  A bird tried to make a nest in the wreath, but it didn't work.  You can kindof see the moss & grass hanging down from it.


A little fairy used to live in the base of this tree when my daughter was little.  All that's left is the front porch.


The blackberry bushes are full of blooms this year.  Can't wait.


Zen in the trees.  Ah.  I feel better now.

I've been getting a lot of "message undeliverable/delayed" emails back when I try to respond to comments.  I don't know why?  WHY?! Does this ever happen to you?  I am trying to respond to all comments, so I apologize if you haven't heard from me.  I'm always so happy when you come for a visit!

TGIF ~*~Lisa

12 comments:

Jackie Proctor said...

Cats are such creatures of habit. When daylight savings finishes here they still come for their evening meal at the same time so bedtime is an hour earlier in the Winter. Love your garden photos, it looks warm!!!! xx

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Too Funny ~ My cat does the same thing ~ when I don't get up he starts crying (LOUD) then the dogs start howling like wolves ~ time to get up!!! Why???
My husband always leaves a tiny bit in the bag ~ not even enough to wet your whistle!!! Why???
Beautiful surroundings you have there!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Pamela@ Our Pioneer Homestead said...

Thanks for the cute article, it was fun to read! :)

BumbleBeeLane said...

Giggles..Yes cats have to have their way.They own us you know..Lovely walk through the garden.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Trace4J said...

Oh my your are so funny.
You are right though..My Piper whines at 430 like a clock everyday.
I tell her house she goes into her crate w no door (but her spot in my room) My cat is waiting everyday by the door at 5 exact.
Love all your outside pics. Beautiful.
Hugs
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Bittersweetfolkart said...

Lol..we have two cats and they have been known to knock on our bedroom door !!
Your garden looks lovely :)

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Cracking up at your cat! We have one that will LICK your eyelids to get you up and another that will stick her nose into your nostril and breath to wake you up. Maddening! But cute and funny at the same time!

Have a great day Lisa!

Carmen and the Primcats

TheCrankyCrow said...

Great photos Sweetie!! Lovin' your porch - and the remnants of the bird nest attempt are precious!! Pretty, pretty, kitteh.....And I think they understand "git" very well, they just choose NOT to obey - after all, it would go against their character. ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin (As for the undeliverable emails - hmmmm - I haven't had a chance to respond to most comments lately; but don't recall having a problem....)

Prims By The Water said...

Our cat is the same way...but at least he waits until the alarm goes off. Thanks for the tour Lisa. Just lovely. Take care, Janice

Farmhouse prims said...

Love your little kitty, so cute, your pictures are so relaxing. I felt like I was right. Love the beauty. have a great day! hugs, Lecia

peggy said...

Pretty tour, love your little monk. He should have a name.

tattered 'n torn prims said...

I happen to still have the address for the gypsie's handy should you need to send said cat on a lil' journey!!! tee hee hee!!

Enjoy your week......and your early mornings!!
Stace