Thursday, June 21, 2012

THINGS I'M DIGGING

Just cking in real quick, I know everyone is busy enjoying summer!  Last fall my friend Barb thinned out her iris' and gave some to me.  They bloomed this year and turned out to be my favorite color.  The blooms are huge - you can cup them in both hands.  I dig 'em!

Been listening to a lot of Justin Townes Earle.  He is the son of Steve Earle (Copperhead Road? Anyone? Anyone?) I would cut off my left foot to see this young man in concert.  He has that raw, old timey sound and talent you simply have to be born and blessed with. DIG. HIM.

Not the best picture, but wanted to share how close this bandit came up to the house last night.  He was out early looking for a snack.  Hopped up on the porch.  I told him he had to go and he just gave me a dirty look and slowly rambled back to the woods. I really dig wildlife! 


My girlfriend gave me these plates for my birthday, along with an awesome lunch of taco fries (fries smothered in taco fixin's - yum!)  I had these in my hand a couple of months ago and then put them back cuz I felt guilty.  Didn't even tell her and she picked them out for me.  Love it when someone knows you and what you dig!  YAY!

Youth theater camp ends this weekend and we only have 5-6 more soccer games so I hope to catch up with my blog buddies soon again.  Been cking in here and there real quick.  Looks like everyone is enjoying their gardens and summer recipes.  I hope those who are dealing with surgeries and healing are better soon.

~*~Lisa


4 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Happy belated birthday Lisa. We have those bandits here too. Love your iris. Had many different colors of my own at my last house..now the river is my landscape. Take care and hopefully we will get out of this heat wave soon. Take care, Janice

Trace4J said...

Love your Birthday Treasures.
What a sweet friend.
I have never heard of him but will check him out.
Have a great day.
Happy Belated Birthday.
HUGS
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

TheCrankyCrow said...

So good to hear from you Sweetie! (Hey, how about that, I'm "timely" this time getting to your post!) ;o)

I LOVE Steve Earle!! But yikes - now I feel really old...he has a son? A son old enough to be recording music??? Hello.... Gonna have to check him out.

Your irises are beautiful - I had some for a while, but finally got rid of them....They were so hard to weed around with their roots liking to be so close to the ground...and I'm not so good at dividing things that need to be divided. The last straw was when all my gorgeous purples started going yellow on me....

Love the plates from your GF...It is fun when someone really "gets" you. But taco fries??? Really???

Have a great rest of the week - sounds like it's been a busy summer for you already....Hope you find time to enjoy it. Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Jackie Proctor said...

Love the Iris, someone gave me some a few weeks ago, I think they are yellow. I remember Copperhead Road , I might just look on Google for the young man and see what you Dig about him. No Raccoons in this neck of the woods, we have Ring Tail Possums scavenging at night. Absolutely love the plates and a belated Happy Birthday to you!!! Hope we see a lot more of you soon.