Wednesday, June 6, 2012

THRIFT FINDS & ANOTHER BOTTLE

Had a chance to hit a couple of garage sales on Memorial Day weekend and found this little camera for 75 cents.  It is an old Kodak Brownie.  It is in great shape but is missing the huge dish looking flash that plugs in to the side.  To view your image, you hold the camera at your waist and look down into it.

The lady at the sale didn't charge for the dust.

Found this old sifter at one of my favorite consignment shops for $4.  I don't have room for it so it sets in the back room where I sew.  I can just see a grandma wearing a well-used apron standing over an oil-cloth covered table holding this over a big yellow-ware bowl.  (Romantic much?)

I like the green knob on this one.

The pink bottle almost done.  I wanted to mention that if you should happen to try this, don't use crazy glue as it clouds the glass (and seals the skin under your fingernails to your nails - yuck).  I have learned over the years that crazy glue is not my friend and try to stay away from it, but I was weak and used it on the top half of the pink bottle.  If you click to enlarge the picture you might be able to see what I'm talking about.  Have to stick with epoxy from now on.

Hope your week is going well!

~*~Lisa




5 comments:

Trace4J said...

What cool treasures you have and dust is a plus.
Love the new bottle too.
hugs Friend
Trace


www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Jackie Proctor said...

Wonderful camera and that sifter is just perfect! Your bottles are looking really good and I'm not going in for a closer look at the pink one, it looks fine. x

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Awesome finds Lisa!!! I have an old camera somewhere in this house of mine ~ but can't seem to find it. Now I'm really going to look for it!
Love the bottles too ~ I've been seeing alot lately with glass ware made into bird feeder and such ~ you did a wonderful job!
Prim Blessings
Robin

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Morning Lisa... hey look at the brights side you won't break your nails as long as they are stuck to your finger tip..LOL..
I love the old Sifter my mom had two of them and now I have them ..but no place to display mine either..They look awesome with prim Flowers in them.

I had one of those Brownie cameras. No clue what ever happened to it.
Thanks for stopping by and sharing laughter with me over my latest mishap...

Have a Great Weekend!

Hugs
Tonya

TheCrankyCrow said...

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who has "issues" with crazy glue and doesn't have "room" for the treasures I "gotta" have! Those bottles are gorgeous. Now you make me wanna do some....And like I need another thing to add to my "to do" list!! (And something in the recesses of my brain is telling me I had "issues" with epoxy too....) ! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin