Monday, July 2, 2012

WIPS!

I know everyone is enjoying their summer and playing outside (hopefully)!

Have a July 10th craft show coming up and wanted to share some pics of works-in-progress.
Above are some kitties, a pear and apple and daisy flower.  Have about a million of each left to finish.  Went a leeeetle heavy on the stain.  I know most folks (around here especially) don't care for the really stained pieces, but I can't help myself, the older looking the better for me!  I know when you sell, you are supposed to create for the consumer, but I just can't create something that isn't in my heart.  It's more of a hobby for me anyway, at this point in life...I just need more space for more creations! LOL!



Sometimes I just sit and stare at the pile.  Very overwhelming!
 I saved the worst for last.  Moved my craft table out and started working off the floor (oh my aching back!).  Excuse the dirty carpet...wish I could blame the huge stain on the cat or kid or man, but while I was sitting up painting....at 2 am....I spilled a mason jar of black paint and coffee on the floor.  I did have foil under, but it went flying.

I referred to this back room as "the family room" when talking to my daughter this weekend.  She laughed and said, "Mom, face it, it's your CRAFT ROOM. Not a family room."  Point taken.

God Bless everyone on the 4th of July!  I wish you health and happiness, healing and lots of lemonade, watermelon, popsicles, strawberry shortcake, firework oooh's & ahhh's and JOY!

~*~Lisa

10 comments:

Trace4J said...

Happy 4th you Friend
Love the WIPS and Craft room.
Wonderful creating going on in there.
Hugs & Polka Dots
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Jessica @Blessings in the Country said...

Gosh you are busy! Look at all the great stuff you are working on. I need some of your mojo. That sucks about the stain! I hope you can get it out.

Happy Independence Day to you too. Not sure we'll see fireworks since we're in a fire ban and fireworks are banned too, even pro ones. It's hot, dry, and there are/have been too many fires in our state. Some places you are not allowed to use a mower right now, it's that bad.

Jessica @Blessings in the Country said...

p.s. Good luck at the craft show!!

peggy said...

Thanks for the good wishes Lisa and I wish the same for you. I love your floor display and I like the stained, but I don't have the knack for it. Let's hope your show is extra good, is it outside? Thanks for the bear pattern, who wouldn't like a silly old bear pattern.

Prims By The Water said...

Happy 4th to you Lisa. Love the WIPs. Working on some myself now. Take care and stay cool. Janice

Jackie Proctor said...

You certainly have been busy! Your kitties, pear, apple and daisy are so sweet and as you know I tend to think the more stain and grunge the better.Good Luck with the Craft Show, I'm sure you will do well. x

Angela said...

Wow Lisa, Looks like you have been and are really busy. Good luck with your show. I tend to make things for mine that I like too. I can't go to heavy on the stain either. As I have said before Prims are not that popular around here. Hope you have a wonderful safe and cool holiday as well. Enjoy!!
Angela

Barb said...

Hi Lisa,
Good luck and many sales at your craft show.
Your mishap reminds me why I am in love with the cement floors in my basement. Yet very cold in the winter!!
Enjoy your 4th of July!
Barb

tamera-country at heart said...

Looks like you are up to your eyeballs in WIPS. I also spilled black craft paint on my carpet too this past winter. I thought it would never come out, but I found some industrial carpet cleaner the Mr had in the shop and it worked like a charm. That's what I get for sitting on the floor to paint and not at the table, I won't do that again. Good luck with the show, hope you get everything all finished up in time.
Stay cool this holiday.
Tamera
Country at heart

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ooops....don't know how I missed this post....(Ok....ok....I KNOW already!)

So....how'd the show go???

Stain? What stain??? ;o I'm having too much fun playing "I spy".....a fun applique jack....some sweet lil' birdies....the cutest dang upright sheep....Can I come play at your house???

Hope all is well....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin