Monday, October 8, 2012

CREEPY..MERRIMENT

Sad to see some of the pretty leaves falling and the trees getting twiggy, but there is always something to look forward to!  I love Halloween.  As my daughter gets older, we will have to find different ways to have fun with it.  Next year we are planning a "haunted woods" on the trails in back of our house.  So much fun!

But what to look forward to after fall?

craft show november 2011

Gingerbread men, candy canes, snowmen and santas!
Many have started creating for the snowy season already, and there are some great winter celebrations and giveaways going on right now - BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE WINTER WONDERLAND GIVEAWAY BY CLICKING THE BUTTON AT THE TOP OF MY RIGHT SIDEBAR!

So much I want to do, stain tags, rust pins & bells, cut out patterns, stock up on cinnamon and vanilla, clean my craft area....

my snowfolk nodder

I love sitting up at night going through patterns and fabric stashes.  My least favorite part is  sitting at the sewing machine and sewing, but I don't mind it that much.  The best part is adding the finishing touches...the bells and tags and scarves...and light bulb noses (you would be surprised how many people ask me if the noses actually light up.  I am a crafter, not an electrician) LOL!

Here's to a great week of enjoying fall and looking forward to what's next.  

~*~Lisa


3 comments:

Jessica @Blessings in the Country said...

The "haunted woods" sounds cool!

I am the same way with the patterns, fabric and sewing machine. I'm just not a good sewer yet so I don't like doing it!

Have a great fall day!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Oh ~ I love anything haunted ~ bring it on!!! Being in the woods will be nice and scary!!!
Love your snowman ~ soooo cute!!!
I really need to work on Christmas things ~ oh where is the time going. I too need to organize my craft room ~ what a mess!
Happy creating!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Jackie said...

I don't mind the sewing, it's stuffing things that I really would prefer not to do. x