Saturday, November 24, 2012

If I Could Save Time In A Bottle


I was so blessed to have these past 3 days off in a row along with my husband and daughter.  We rarely get solid days off together and were able to spend quality time.  I was looking forward to this holiday for so long, to be able to be with them and bond.  I feel like my daughter is slipping through my fingers every day. 
One thing we got to do was go get her a library card.  She loves Harry Potter and has already read all but one of the books, but she is now re-reading them "in order".  While she dove into her new library book, I plopped down next to her on the couch to finish up the victorian/shabby/primitive/voyageur/woodland santa.  The material came from Jennifer of Stitchin Thyme in a spring swap we had been paired up in.  The trim on Santa's hat came from Robin of Bagg A Raggs.  She is the Queen of trims.


My daughter also wanted to go on a little road trip where we had lunch together and found this candy cane for only $4.  Love the vintage look.


This crate also come into our possession for only $8.  Always wanted a few of these.


We even had time to put up the tree without stress and she did all of the decorating while I unpacked the boxes.  A certain someone likes to sleep under the tree, if you can see her in the picture.  We even camped out on the living room floor and left the tree on all night.  

I am so thankful to have been able to spend this time with my daughter.  A true blessing.

~*~Lisa

5 comments:

jennifer768 said...

Sounds like a wonderful time!Love the Santa and the candy cane.Hugs,Jen

Jackie said...

What a lovely weekend you have had. Your Santa is wonderful. Now my children have grown up and mostly left home, I realise what a very short time it takes for them to grow up and leave the nest. Enjoy every minute you can. xx

Trace4J said...

Happy Saturday Friend
Sounds like a perfect three days to me.
I used to love to read as a girl too.
I still do.Cherish every minute with your girl.Time sure flys. I so miss my girls being young.
Love your Santa. Great job.
Woolie Hugs
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Prims By The Water said...

What a wonderful time you had with your daughter! They do grow up so quickly..I know. Love love the colors on your Victorian Santa. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend Lisa. Take care, Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

Awwww...you're waxing me nostalgic girlfriend. I so mist those precious times when my son was snuggly small(er). Love the kitty under the tree...Ours love the tree too - unfortunately, it doesn't go up until a few days before the big day. (Really, you have wrapped gifts under the tree already???) Happy belated Thanksgiving - so glad you got some family time in. Smiles & Make-up Hugs ~ Robin