Wednesday, March 20, 2013

BURLAP SCORE!


OH MY STARS!
Was looking for easter egg fabric at WallyWorld a few weeks ago and stumbled across this Americana burlap.  I haven't really made much with burlap, but I thought maybe some stockings to hang around the 4th of July?  What d'ya think?  Any ideas?  It was only $3.50 a yard. I think that's good?

Yep. Can't wait 'till summer, the 4th...can't believe it's spring...since it's still snowing and...

SQUIRREL.
This is Daddy Squirrel. He has the prettiest snow-white belly and the fullest tail.  He and Mamma Squirrel lived in our yard last summer and had four little ones.  They look in our window asking for a bread treat.

This is Mamma.  She is very sweet and a very hard worker.  After her bread treat she dug at least a foot under the snow for leaves for their nest.  
I was glad to see them back after a winter away.  

Hope you are enjoying simple pleasures too! Thanks for stopping by ~*~Lisa

8 comments:

Jackie said...

Very cute squirrels and love the fabric. The fabric would make nice bags of some description too. x

Primitive Stars said...

Wow!!!! Me loving that star burlap, great score, stocking on the 4 th, wonderful idea.......Sweet Squirrel family......Spring Blessings Francine.

Lori @ applegrovetreasures said...

Neat fabric...would be pretty as some time of pouch to hold fourth of July pinwheels or flowers:)
We have a few squirrels hanging out in our back tree. We named one Nutty so now everytime my 5 year old sees ANY squirrel he says, "look, there's Nutty"!
Enjoy your evening ~ Lori

Prims By The Water said...

I see a table runner or placemats..or even pillows. Great fabric. Happy Spring Lisa...lets hope the snow melts soon now, Janice

Angela said...

Love that fabric. Yes, would make wonderful stockings. I will have to pay our store a visit. Can't believe I have not been to Walmart in over a month. Just don't like that store. Please share your finished projects. Have a great weekend.
Angela

Trace4J said...

What a wonderful score friend.
I LOVE IT!
I love watching the squirrels.
Happy Spring!

peggy said...

I am seeing lots of wreaths of burlap. I would say the price is right compared to what I have seen. Lisa, do you think we could get some plain burlap and stamp it ourselves?

NickelNook said...

I don't think I've ever seen a printed burlap before! It's wonderful! Love the squirrel pictures! Thanks very much for sharing them!...Nancy :o)