Saturday, April 13, 2013

Faking It

Since it is still snowing I figured I'd try playing with some fake flowers!

Gathered up some supplies and this is what I ended up with

I like it!  Ended up with the print on the wrong side, but decided this was a happy mistake as it looks more shabby chic this way, which I love.  Here's another view:


Hear me now, ask me later, this is FUN! 
And oh the possibilities...so many different techniques and styles and uses.  I have to admit the main reason I am liking this project is the gratification is almost instant.

While I was making the flowers, Mamma Squirrel came up and perched on her hind legs to see if we had any bread to share.  She got a fresh end piece (she likes the crust best).  While I was sitting at the table looking out back at her in the tree enjoying her bread, it looked like she was staring right back at me.

  
Off to make more flowers. Next I will have to figure out which type of clips are best to use for the backs.  I'm sure that will require a road trip to Joann's or Hobby Lobby (oh darn, LOL).

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day ~*~Lisa

8 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Evening Lisa, what a beautiful flower, wow!!!! Sweet Squirrel.....Is the Robin still on the deck??? Keep Cozy, Francine.

Prims By The Water said...

Ooohh I love this flower...don't look like a mistake to me. ;0) Janice

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Lovely posies Lisa and as you said, so versatile with so many uses! Great pics of Momma Squirrel too :O)

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

I love projects that are fast and fun to make!!! Love the flower!
He's probably afraid your going to take it away ~ to cute!
Hope it's not snowing hard there ~ we've had flurries for the last two days.
Happy creating!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Jackie said...

It is so pretty, well done. Cute squirrel, we don't have them over here. Hope the Robin is doing OK x

NickelNook said...

Oh SO PRETTY, Lisa! I love your flower! Thanks for sharing the sweet squirrel too!...Nancy :o)

Primitive at Heart said...

Hey Lisa, Love the flower. It really turned out nice. Your mamma squirrel is so pretty and she looks so content with her slice of bread.
Happy Crafting!
~♥~ Patti

Raymond Homestead said...

Those are really neat flowers!