Friday, April 12, 2013

POOR LITTLE ROBIN


Right now my heart is breaking for this little creature.  She (I will call her a she, LOL) showed up last week and just sits by our back deck all puffed up in a little ball every day.  She can fly just fine.  I've see some other robins that have come back north (too early!) but they are active and are paired up and doing their hoppy little courting dances.  This puffball is a loner.  I don't know if she is very young or very old?  She is trying her best to dig for bugs or worms in the frozen ground.  I've thrown bread, berries (okay...even some shrimp in desperation) outside for her.  The worst part is they are calling for between 5-11 inches of snow by Sat morning for our area (I'm feeling like a broken record with the whole snow thing, sorry about that).  I don't think she's had time to make a nest.  Since she likes to hang out by our deck I am hoping she will take shelter underneath it?  I am sure God has numbered every feather on this little creature and it will all work out.  I am probably more worried than she is.  There's my sign.

"smile and say worm"

Thanks for stopping by blog buddies - may your weekend be free from worry or anxiety and full of peace and hope ~♥~Lisa

6 comments:

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Awwww. Now I'm worried. Sending up some prayers this little on makes it ok. She sure is puffed.


Carmen and the Primcats

Lori @ applegrovetreasures said...

Hi Lisa! I googled a couple of sites to see why he or she is staying there and why it is all puffed up. Here is one that had a similar situation if you want to look up: http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090407114351AAjVO4z
I am always concerned about the wildlife around my house. Maybe this will help:)
~Lori

NickelNook said...

Great photos of your sweet Robin, Lisa! Don't worry! God watches over the Sparrows...AND the Robins! We haven't had any Robins show up here yet but the crows have arrived! lol More snow in our forecast too! Have a great weekend!...Nancy :o)

Primitive at Heart said...

Poor little thing! Looks like he/she has lost its way. Lets hope it finds it way soon.

~♥~ Patti

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Lisa, sounds like the little birdie might be ill. Hope she gets better soon and that you don't get all that snow. hugs, Lecia

Lois--Huckleberry Lady said...

Hi Lisa,
I would say that's a male robin. Their breasts are bright orange whereas the female is dull almost faded orange. Lots of robins in our backyard and the crows never left us this winter!!!
Lois