Friday, May 31, 2013

MORNING WALK

Greetings long-lost blog buddies!

Come for a morning walk with me out back...
the sun is just starting to light up the moss path through the woods.

When I was growing up we used to get so excited to see one of these - they were rare.  Quite a few of them along the path.  What a magical time of year when everything is waking up.

If anyone knows what the purple violet-like flower in the wine barrel is, I'd sure like to know.  They are all over.  I think you can click on the pic to enlarge and get a better look...

  Although I've attempted to create a peaceful utopia full of sunlight and birdsong, the truth is the post-nuclear sized mosquitoes are BAD this year! 

Thanks for taking a walk with me, it's great to meet up again!

~♥~Lisa
 

7 comments:

jennifer768 said...

Lisa sure wish I could come and enjoy that beautiful area.It would be so nice to just sit on the bench and read a book.I hear you though about the mosquitoes,they are horrible here too.Have a wonderful weekend.Hugs,Jen

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Lisa, loved the walk with you, so beautiful and soothing in the woods......it looks like Wood Violets in the barrel but not sure, they pop up all over and smell yummy......Thanks, Francine.

Pamela@ Our Pioneer Homestead said...

Love the old barrel!

Norma Conway said...

Gorgeous spot dear Lisa. I can smell it, as I walk with you in my mind's eye. Thank goodness the bugs aren't able to fly through the screen. That large flower is pretty exciting hey? Nice!! N, x

Jackie said...

What a beautiful place you live in. Love the violets in the tub. xx

Deb Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

What a lovely stroll, thanks for taking us along Lisa! I think your little blue flowers are what we call Johnny Jump-ups, it's a little wild viola or violet. So pretty in your barrel. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop here with our mosquitoes, despite some wet weather we hardly have any so far but I KNOW they are out there, waiting, eeeek! Deb

The Moonlit Stitch said...

AHA! Wood violets they are! Thanks Francine! ~*~Lisa