Sunday, August 18, 2013

PEACEFUL WOODS


Needed to clear my mind tonight so headed out back.  Was surprised to see the ferns already turning brown-a sign fall is not far away.  Then I noticed the maple above - NO!  It's too soon for this.


Lots of toad stools


This is a pic of one of the largest trees on the property (ignore my ghostly white foot - I don't tan!) The picture doesn't show how big it is, but I cannot wrap my arms around it. Love big old trees...


As I walked I could hear the acorns dropping through the leaves here & there.  Guess it's time to figure out whether to use pine or oak for my broom this year.  

Off to sew & stuff - Keep On Creating!

~*~Lisa

5 comments:

TheRustyThimble said...

Great place to walk at Lisa, when fall starts it seems to happen and be over so fast, I wish that season would last longer :)

Brenda

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Wow!! That maple is already turning? That is amazing!! As big of a fall lover that I am, it's still a little too warm to be seeing this. It is beautiful though, just lovely. Gets me even more excited for fall!! =]

You made me chuckle at your "ghostly white foot"... me too girl, me too. So I understand. But that tree is enormous! I love big old trees. We have lots around our property, all around our house and I just love them. But thank goodness we don't have very many of those snakes, yikes!! We do have a pond at the back of our property so you would think we would have lots of them but I don't think they get too far from the water.

Yes, less computer time is why I've been able to get so much crafting done =] Looking forward to seeing your wynter time prims~

Firecracker Kid said...

Oh Lisa, you're funny with the broom. I need to get mine out too!
Looks very pretty and peaceful. Yes, we heard the weather man say that we are a month ahead of schedule with the seasons. Of course due to global warming he said.
I don't do sun anymore either.

Blessings,
Carol

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Lisa, love the forest pictures, those Toad Stools are amazing.....Love the sounds, is that Ms.Cranny Crow I hear in the background saying hello? Blessings Francine.

Trace4J said...

Wonderful post friend.
Acorns dropping love that sound.
Stay clear of that snake friend.
Love your Mary Janes.
Woolie hugs