Thursday, August 22, 2013

THE PIN CUSHION

I made the brown pin cushion a few years ago.  It doesn't just hold pins but is a catch-all for buttons, very small pattern pieces, floss for stitching and sometimes my earrings and rings, LOL.  The brown cushion gets so full I use the pink knitted cushion my daughter made. Believe it or not, there have been times when I have run out of pins and both were bare. They are always close by when I am creating♥

Finished up a few stars that I had cut out for the "4th of July" ...ahem... better late then never, right? Primmed up a couple of mason jars that will eventually hold greens, berries and maybe some cinnamon sticks and candy canes with a muslin ribbon.

Have 3 different ginger patterns I'm trying. The ginger guy in the pic looks so simple, but he was painted, sanded, painted, stained, grubbied, brushed down...wow, he is high maintenance! And now he is demanding a scarf (all the rage for gingers this season, you know - hee hee). Have a pattern that calls for spindles too. Never used them before but found some in a local antique store so going to give it a whirl.

Lots more in the works. Hope I can have some completed pics for you soon!

~*~Lisa


4 comments:

Primitive at Heart said...

Love the pin cushions.Your daughter did a great job. She takes after you.
Everything looks so prim and ready. I love the grungy jars. They sound like they are going to be primtastic. Cant wait to see finish pics. You could even tuck one of your little gingerbread men in one.

~♥~ Patti

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Love the Pin cushions!!! OLM

Primitive Stars said...

Hello, wow, those pin cushions are so great and the grungy jar...love that....Blessings Francine.

Trace4J said...

I am in love with your high maintanence Ginger.
So demandingly handsome.
That pink pin keep is a treasure foe sure.
Woolie Hugs